Guest viewing is limited

Hotel suggestions

Henniker

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am visiting Osaka next month with a side trip to Tokyo on the weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions for non love hotels? Like normal hotels that are in touristy areas?
Thanks in advance!

I'm going to Japan again in jan/Feb and just got hotels on expedia. It mainly depends on your budget and area you like really but APA is not bad. I stayed in one near tobita last time for a couple of nights and it was a fine albeit regular hotel. Stayed in a cool one too think it was the Righa Nakajima which had a train station connected to the basement. And honestly with how good the trains/subways are in Japan you can get to any touristy place pretty quickly if you're close to a station. Hope that helped in any way.

Reactions: Alice and Henniker
There are so many normal hotels in Tokyo even just around the major train stations and touristy areas it's really hard to say. Even for the business hotels like APA. You would basically have to narrow down the budget range and area first. If nothing else, APA is good since it has so many locations.

Reactions: resiman
Use some common sense and try booking.com and other type of online companies - then you can decide for yourself (budget and so on).
Yeah, normal hotels can be booked by some googling and common sense, it’s not rocket science.

For love hotels in Osaka I definitely recommend the Water Hotel in Namba by the way, it’s absolutely gorgeous.

Yeah, normal hotels can be booked by some googling and common sense, it’s not rocket science.

For love hotels in Osaka I definitely recommend the Water Hotel in Namba by the way, it’s absolutely gorgeous.
Hi Alice, which hotel is this? Tried to google it and could not find it. Thank you!

I've heard great things about the Conrad Osaka. If it's anything like the Conrad Tokyo, it's probably fantastic. Probably quite pricey though if you don't have a corporate rate but treat yourself sometimes. You never know when you're going to die.

I've heard great things about the Conrad Osaka. If it's anything like the Conrad Tokyo, it's probably fantastic. Probably quite pricey though if you don't have a corporate rate but treat yourself sometimes. You never know when you're going to die.
Unless you're quite wealthy I think most would rather get a cheaper hotel and spend that extra hundreds of dollars towards booking more ladies/longer times. Well, that's just me anyway

Reactions: Alice
APA all the way if you’re intending to use your hotel room for just a place to crash at night.

…Plus, they gave me a packet of their house-brand curry last time I stayed because “Thanks to our customers were fully booked tonight.”

The curry was quite good.

Reactions: Dattebayo and Sudsy
APA is great for a no frills experience. If you are on a budget and will be out and about all day and just need a place to sleep and shower it's the way to go. Another chain that I like is Daiwa Roynet. It's slightly more expensive than APA (but not by much) but you get more room, faster wifi etc.

The Osaka Marriott Miyako would be my choice if you want to step it up. Better food, more room, and a killer view. It's also above Tennoji station, a major hub with lines that will take you anywhere

Reactions: Alice
The Conrad Osaka is very nice but also quite pricey for what you get.

APA all the way if you’re intending to use your hotel room for just a place to crash at night.

…Plus, they gave me a packet of their house-brand curry last time I stayed because “Thanks to our customers were fully booked tonight.”

The curry was quite good.
The last time I was in Japan I stayed at 4 or 5 APA Hotels and I didn't know they even had curry. Makes me sad..

Reactions: Katie Kinako