Introduction - getting back in the saddle

Ken Obi

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a long term lurker. I did manage to post a few on a different account like 10+ years ago, but life happens and I've been on and off TAG in the intervening time. I'm black dude in my late 40s, (people say I look 30s, though I suspect they're just being kind), live outside Japan, but speak enough Japanese to get into trouble, joke around, make friends, and put our working girls at ease. I recently got a chance to be back in Japan after a few years, and had the best time of my life in 10 days.

Thanks to everyone's posts, I was able to hit up 15 establishments: soap, deli, brothels, some of which had "no blooming foreigners" on their site, though I did get turned away now and then in person. The fact I was able to access so many places with ease is a direct result of Taggers leaving good impressions, and I was really grateful for that.

I visited Chiba, Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo; saw a concert by a famous singer (one of the concert goers ended up being my deli date the next day!), went to hole-in-the-wall joints recommended by people I met (pros included), danced in 5 clubs, chatted with all types of folks, slept an average of 3 hours per night, overdrank daily, and now back in the US, I'm already planning to make another trip in the next few months.

I manged to pull it all off, but man does my body ache, and my throat hurt from all the shouting inside clubs. My peepee was a trooper, though understandably got soft now and then in spite of my dates' best efforts, which means I either need to exercise more, or pace my punting. On the plus side, I took a lot of moisturizing baths, so my skin feels so smooth :giggle:

Zero regrets and I'd say everyone I met was wonderful. Talking to so many people in such a short time is always a mind-widening experience, and I got inspired by a couple girls to live life a bit more. I'm going to therefore try scuba, sky diving, bungee jumping, and some other fun activities that I've let fear, work, and laziness hold me back from doing for so long.

Will be posting field reports shortly. (do we still call them field reports?)

Last edited:
I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms... it happens anytime I go to Japan: I come back to my reality and think: "this sucks. I should be out there punting and nampaing and just generally meeting folks". Granted, it's the vacation feeling I'm craving, and I know day to day living anywhere would eventually be the same old same old.