Is it ever okay to wear a mask?

monalisaoverdrive

TAG Member
Reaction score
I think everyone knows what I mean by "mask" here.
Is it ever okay to wear one into a shop? Or wear one while waiting in a lobby? Seeing the sheer number of clients I have I'm always trying not to get noticed but I've never worn a mask into any of these shops. Has anyone else?

I don't wear them, but I see people wearing them all the time going in and out of places.
Some stores have rules about covering your face, but that's more for things like full-face helmets, not masks like I think you're talking about now.

It's eventually going to come to a head and stores will start telling people to remove them... but it hasn't gotten there yet.

They used to only be worn by people who are ill, but these days it's more common for women to wear them just because it means they can get away without doing their makeup.

It's eventually going to come to a head and stores will start telling people to remove them... but it hasn't gotten there yet.

They used to only be worn by people who are ill, but these days it's more common for women to wear them just because it means they can get away without doing their makeup.
I guess wearing them when entering and leaving stores wouldn't be a problem. You can take them off in the waiting room if you don't see anyone you know, so the staff will be more at easy.

Its also common for SW to wear facemasts when going in and out of work but of course they'll remove them before seeing the client (unless he has a face mask fetish, i guess some guys do).

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
I guess wearing them when entering and leaving stores wouldn't be a problem. You can take them off in the waiting room if you don't see anyone you know, so the staff will be more at easy.

We were talking about regular stores, like department stores and conbinis. ;)

Eventually there's going to be a rash of robberies and/or high end shoplifting sprees using the masks to avoid detection (shoplifters dressing similarly with masks so they can hand bags off to each other, etc.) and once that happens, masks will get a clapdown.

Surprised it hasn't happened yet.

We were talking about regular stores, like department stores and conbinis. ;)

Eventually there's going to be a rash of robberies and/or high end shoplifting sprees using the masks to avoid detection (shoplifters dressing similarly with masks so they can hand bags off to each other, etc.) and once that happens, masks will get a clapdown.

Surprised it hasn't happened yet.
Does crime ever happen in Japan? Lol

Does crime ever happen in Japan? Lol

There is this one convenience store that I regularly visit which gets robbed regularly at least twice a year. I swear those things are not related though.

At least they never caught me yet. There is five different routes out of that place which helps. :eek::p

There is this one convenience store that I regularly visit which gets robbed regularly at least twice a year. I swear those things are not related though.

At least they never caught me yet. There is five different routes out of that place which helps. :eek::p

Hmmmm , if it’s that regular I would start to think that the owner himself is scheming it to claim insurance money or create artificial losses...

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Hmmmm , if it’s that regular I would start to think that the owner himself is scheming it to claim insurance money or create artificial losses...

Last year I was going there in the middle of the night after drinking the afternoon away and the whole place was full of cop cars.

So instead I walked 100 meters to the next place and told seems your neighborhood shop got robbed. The guy was just again, huh, and told me it's mostly because they now have only one guy working there at night time, the place is behind a corner so you don't see inside from the big road and still there are five options to take when fleeing.

Every time they get only some thousands or max tens of thousands so not really good scam for the owner. The single worker was instructed just hand everything from the register and not try to fight back. Solid advice says me at least.

My apologies for not being more clear when I used the words "shops". What I meant was during mongering (like in a pink salon).

I usually don't wear a mask out anywhere except on rare cases haha. Has anyone ever tried to walk into some place like [Redacted] or NHP wearing a mask? Or just wore one in the lobby while waiting?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Has anyone ever tried to walk into some place like [Redacted] or NHP wearing a mask?

I prefer the Caddyshack approach. Own it, be proud of it.

I just walk on in with a spring in my step and a grin on my face. :)

I prefer the Caddyshack approach. Own it, be proud of it.

I just walk on in with a spring in my step and a grin on my face. :)

Agreed. Besides if anyone I know meet me at a shop they would be as much embarrased if not more than me. They all know I’m separated and not a saint...:D