Lack Of Empathy Toward Dv??

patty diaz

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed after talking with numerous women, men and through reading articles, Internet forums interviews and peoples personal stories. That quite a few people (or maybe Japanese society? Don't want to generalise though) seem to not hold domestic violence in such a regard as a lot of other countries do (my country has numerous campaigns, programs and awareness groups)when it comes to domestic violence. I've had people tell me stories only to laugh or police being called only to say its a private matter and they can't do anything. Numerous jokes etc. It's a more than a bit disturbing that so manyseem to have a しようがない attitude to something that kills so many people worldwide.

Thoughts?

Reactions: MissInsomnia
In the micro-societal end, people don't want to talk about it, either those in a DV situation, or their friends- people are trying to save face. Same thing on the macro- end. The government looks the other way regarding whatever issue exists. The government doesn't want to look bad, so they don't dig in to find statistics or fund research or non-profits working on those issues.

Reactions: patty diaz