Guest viewing is limited

Meeting And Dating "newhalfs"

Ilwaz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an advice for where or how to meet people who identify as what the Japanese call "Newhalfs"?

My Japanese is basic to nonexistent, but I'm not looking for a ONS type ordeal.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There are loads on skout and tinder.. Really annoying there is not a category for that on these apps (as in I want to meet women only lol)

Reactions: Solong
Try to go to bars in Shinjuku 2chome.

Also there are events for people who are into that scene.

A lot of the people at those bars and events are actually crossdressers but you may meet some actual transsexuals there as well.

blender or okcupid apps have a lot.
there are also newhalf clubs or bars all around kanto

Try to go to bars in Shinjuku 2chome.

Also there are events for people who are into that scene.

A lot of the people at those bars and events are actually crossdressers but you may meet some actual transsexuals there as well.
I think what Alice mentioned is best or hang around new-half bars and figure out where they go AFTER or BEFORE work. Tokyo Loose bar in Shinjuku is an example where for unknown reasons, new-halfs will sometimes go there, just hang out, and meet people in a casual non-p4p setting.

It appears that new-halfs or lady-boys are usually prostituting themselves online. Through Skout, Tinder, Craigslist, etc... What the lady-boys and new-halfs are pulling on Craigslist and other online sites is half hilarious. Straight up prostitution and getting away with it, where real women can't, or labeling themselves as women and surprising many heterosexual men with their profiles.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
people who identify as what the Japanese call "Newhalfs"?
In japanese, "newhalf" means MtF transsexual/transwoman/crossdresser, so it's a bit wide...

Since Propaganda stopped, the main newhalf/crossdressing events are
- Diffusion, it was talked about here. The next one is on the 28th of May.
- Kamarezu, but only if you're crossdressing. The party is for MtF/crossdressers and women only, no "male-looking" men are allowed.

For bars/salons, there are a lot, but those i know of:
Onna no ko club: there are several locations in shinjuku.
Masquerade: staff is a mix of crossdressers and women, bartender Nozomi is very funny.
Actress: one of my crossdressing friends often goes there and really likes it.
Keep in mind that, in spite of the appearances, not all of the people attending are into men, so dont be pushy is someone doesnt look interested.

If you want to try searching for potential partners on internet, there's tslove, a community/dating site for newhalves and people who like them. Registration works on an invitation basis, but you can fill a form to get an invitation here (you just fill the little form in the middle of the page, depending on the day you do it it might take 2 or 3 days to receive an invitation mail). I have now idea about the ratio of real people VS pro trying to get customers, but i know a few guys who're registered and they are not there for business.

@vck_js - Thank you. Your posts are always very informative and really helpful for people looking for rare information.

May add one question - for everything that you've listed in the above post, do you have any gauge about these places and/or events feel about foreigners?

I believe the events are okay - but some of the more intimate bars/clubs may be touchy? I've heard it varies... but just wanted to get your feedback since you have some connections in places I don't.

'Foreigners behaving badly' to the girls has been some concern to the limited contacts I've had...

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Wwanderer
I believe the events are okay - but some of the more intimate bars/clubs may be touchy?
Events are definitely ok! We never talked because we were always with our own set of people, but there's at least one foreign crossdresser that i've seen attending several events, and (s)he looked quite integrated.

For bars and salons, it probably depends on the place, but for those i listed i'm pretty sure you won't be rejected at the door for being a foreigner. If that's any indication, a few days ago the mama-san of the Onna no Ko club poster this pic on her work twitter account, saying he was a nice guy:
onk.jpg

However showing the staff you can communicate a minimum in japanese will probably make the experience much more pleasant. Since a lot of people coming in those places already know each others (regulars at the bar, meet regularly at events, etc), it might be hard to integrate so your best bet to have a fun evening if you go alone it to chat with the bartenders who will introduce you to people - which they probably wont do if they realize you cant communicate :unsure:

@vck_js - Thanks so much!

That makes sense... Communication, even a little is really beneficial.

Does anyone have an advice for where or how to meet people who identify as what the Japanese call "Newhalfs"?.

I've discussed (in Japanese) with several of them before on Skout and the only thing I'm 100% certain is that they are only after the money. Because they badly need money for their surgeries and other procedures.

So, be prepared to spend a lot (they aren't cheap).

Motown in Roppongi has loads of trannies there - but it's rough as a badgers arse

Motown 2 was the place to pick up P4P newhalves, but it closed several years ago. Not sure if the freelancers are using the original Motown these days.