Most convenient free wifi spot in Tokyo station coming from the shinkansen?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
I don't go to Tokyo very often, but I have been contacted by a woman that is interested in doing an AV with me. I don't really have Tokyo station mapped out in my mind. I have looked at some maps of the entire station. I know that places like Starbucks have free wifi, but there are like 6 or 7 Starbucks in Tokyo station from the looks of google maps.

I know about the Japan Connect Free wifi service, but can this service connect me anywhere throughout the station or just in certain areas?

I guess another question would be which Starbucks have you guys on here felt is a better, more convenient place to meet someone?

I would appreciate any advice because Tokyo station is a massive clusterfuck.

The new wifi service in the stations, is most effective on the platforms but generally, you should be able to get decent coverage inside the station.

There are two Starbucks at the Nihonbashi entrance. Once is on the 2nd floor, just up some escalators just after you enter the station.
The 2nd one, just keep walking on the 1st floor and it's on the left. I believe there is still a 3rd Starbucks just outside the Nihonbashi entrance in the next building, 2nd floor, I think.

To be very honest, I've had the best luck with the one on the first floor on that side of the station. Easy to find and you can't make a wrong turn to find it. Now, you'd best have a plan to go somewhere else afterwards unless you get a table way ahead of time. These Starbucks are ALWAYS packed with people.

The other Starbucks at Tokyo station aren't on the ground floor and you have to go underground to get to them. (unless they've added a new one on the terrace on the Yaesu side...)

Anyway, you'll figure it out.. Tokyo station ain't got nothing on Shinjuku station. Haha.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Well, the good thing is I won't need to sit down and talk with the lady after meeting. So if I'm able to connect to the wifi standing just outside the Starbucks while I wait, that will be enough.

We will just meet up and go directly to a love hotel from there.

You are right about Shinjuku station. I was there a long time ago and holy shit it was overwhelming haha.

I will check out the one on the first floor.