Guest viewing is limited

New kind of relationships

MikeH

Presumably Male
Reaction score
They find a few guys doing this and then write an article giving the impression that it's a common trend in Japan. So nothing new about the way these reporters work.

Though I am a bit impressed they actually found two guys happy to put their names and pictures out there.

In general I don't really mind other people's business and have even sometimes thought those Realdolls look really good. But I have to say I got freaked out a bit on the talk about Mayu's clothes.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/30/i-love-my-sex-doll-because-she-never-grumbles/

I have another take...bear with me...while I totally respect that people have different ways of being and I really don't have a problem with how people live their lives...I don't think this is healthy...

The issue I have is that people suck...they do...they are selfish, narcissistic and difficult...but if you want to live in the world, you have to deal with that...this is essentially a fantasy...it's a dude who doesn't want to or can't connect with another human being deciding that a world where he gets his way 100% of the time is a good thing...and while I do not care about him inside his house, how does a guy who gets used to having his way all the time interact with people in the real world? Does that guy react well or poorly to conflict at work? Or to any outside situation where people have different opinions on something?

Do you see what I mean? Even in P4P the lady can be like "nope, you didn't shower" or "nope, I don't do that"...but this woman is going to be whatever that guy wants because she has no preferences...he's created his own echo chamber for his life and I think that makes him less able to deal with reality...she isn't going to tell him to stop whining about work and therefore he's not going to have the social cues that he's boring...the solution is to be less boring, not to talk to a piece of plastic.

This guy has decided that because his wife doesn't want to listen to him quietly that the solution isn't "care about another human being" or "be more interesting" or, God forbid, "ask her about her day and care about her" that the solution is to divorce himself from humanity by creating a personality that exists to service him and will never ever have a contrary opinion.

I am not saying I don't understand the need for fantasy...but this isn't healthy...it basically says "I've given up trying to connect to another human being" and I don't think you come back from this...it's step two on the road to living alone with no friends and spending your days muttering on the internet...

PS - Lars and the real girl, is an excellent movie with a real doll featured. Ryan Gosling stars if memory serves.

"I've given up trying to connect to another human being" and I don't think you come back from this...it's step two on the road to living alone with no friends and spending your days muttering on the internet...

I totally get what you mean and don't even want to disagree with any of it.

But... there are always people who are isolated and won't connect with other people. Will these dolls make their lives a little better? Or will they just push them deeper in the abyss?

On the other hand they have robotic pets in the old folk's homes which can be petted and taken care of. And the doctors say it helps the patients to feel better. To be honest those robot cats freak me out more than the sex dolls.

But... there are always people who are isolated and won't connect with other people. Will these dolls make their lives a little better? Or will they just push them deeper in the abyss?

Totally...100%....I am not saying a real doll can't be useful in certain situations...maybe somebody with crippling social anxiety who can't take meds...or maybe somebody who has terrible disfigurement and needs a sexual outlet...I am certain there are people for whom the chances of a real relationship are less than optimal...and I don't know the answer...who am I to deny somebody some level of happiness if they can't or won't try to get out in the (often brutal) real world?...I just think, I guess, that the real doll should be the last option...These things aren't cheap...5K is some therapy or a personal trainer or fun thing you can do with your wife to get out of a rut....this particular guy seems to have skipped some steps in trying to make his life better.

Reactions: impish and MikeH
I'm not sure, however, I believe I posted this New York Times video about sex dolls and robots, over a year ago.

Since then, technology is advancing to add more features and a higher level experience. This is from CNN's Mostly Human Series. (not it's not about The Donald) You will need to allow the 6 second feature to run and then an almost 30 minute episode plays:

Sorry, the CNN link does not seem to appear as a video on TAG. So, go to this link and watch
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwib-Z7itO7UAhWEJZQKHbgTAbYQtwIIJTAB&url=http://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2017/03/08/mostly-human-i-love-you-bot.cnnmoney/video/playlists/atv-mostly-human/&usg=AFQjCNHnfAk4uhZAGKxOaUJOtxemoRx5XA

Watch the CNN vid before passing judgement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH
I am sure they are lovely sex toys...if a dude wants one as high priced onahole then sure...but read these quotes from the article.

“When my daughter realized it wasn’t a giant Barbie doll, she freaked out and said it was gross — but now she’s old enough to share Mayu’s clothes.”

He's glad that his sex doll and his daughter can share clothes. I think I would break the caps lock key on my pc if I were to accurately convey just how creepy that I find that statement to be.

“I can’t imagine going back to a human being. I want to be buried with her and take her to heaven.”

Remember, he's talking about plastic.

“Human beings are so demanding. People always want something from you — like money or commitment.”

Those blasted human beings!

“I’ll never date a real woman again — they’re heartless.”

As opposed to his inanimate object which is full of heart?

And my favorite about another guy:

He lives alone but has an “understanding” girlfriend. She would have to be as he owns more than 10 life-size dummies, many of which he dresses in combat uniforms to play out wartime fantasies.

I don't even know what to say to that one, other than I am glad he lives in a country where one can't buy an AR-15 at the local wal-mart.

I have zero probs with fucking a doll...but there is a difference between enjoying your fleshlight and taking it on dates...if that makes me a judgemental jerk, so be it.

I am sure they are lovely sex toys...if a dude wants one as high priced onahole then sure...but read these quotes from the article.

“When my daughter realized it wasn’t a giant Barbie doll, she freaked out and said it was gross — but now she’s old enough to share Mayu’s clothes.”

He's glad that his sex doll and his daughter can share clothes. I think I would break the caps lock key on my pc if I were to accurately convey just how creepy that I find that statement to be.

“I can’t imagine going back to a human being. I want to be buried with her and take her to heaven.”

Remember, he's talking about plastic.

“Human beings are so demanding. People always want something from you — like money or commitment.”

Those blasted human beings!

“I’ll never date a real woman again — they’re heartless.”

As opposed to his inanimate object which is full of heart?

And my favorite about another guy:

He lives alone but has an “understanding” girlfriend. She would have to be as he owns more than 10 life-size dummies, many of which he dresses in combat uniforms to play out wartime fantasies.

I don't even know what to say to that one, other than I am glad he lives in a country where one can't buy an AR-15 at the local wal-mart.

I have zero probs with fucking a doll...but there is a difference between enjoying your fleshlight and taking it on dates...if that makes me a judgemental jerk, so be it.

While I certainly share many of your views, on the other hand, Life has taught me:
strokes.jpg

And in this case, the term is most appropriate.:oops:

Reactions: MikeH
In general, I agree with you...is taking a doll out on a date worse than having a gambling problem or filing your house with Star Wars memorabilia? I don't know...We, obviously, don't legislate against a million vices and allow people to live mostly at their own discretion and I think that's largely a good thing.

All I know for sure is that the first dude in the article has a teenage daughter and I am not sure what it does to her psyche to have a father who values her mother so little that he'd rather go out with plastic...or what it does to her to share clothes with the sex doll...my bet is that it's not a positive...

Reactions: MikeH and impish
I have friends who are into the Super Dollfie craze. It's no different, just without the sex. They treat their dolls as "children", and have "birthing ceremonies". They take them on playdates with other "dolls". They spend thousands of dollars on outfits and upgrades. It hurts my brain...

Reactions: whocares and MikeH
I have friends who are into the Super Dollfie craze. It's no different, just without the sex. They treat their dolls as "children", and have "birthing ceremonies". They take them on playdates with other "dolls". They spend thousands of dollars on outfits and upgrades. It hurts my brain...
You sure have interesting friends!

Whatever turns you on...
(start at 45 sec.)

I'm always learning something new about Japan on this site.

about them sexdolls. different strokes for different follks for everything i agree. as long as they're not harming anyone else and they arent endangering their own life more power to them.

(n)

On the other hand they have robotic pets in the old folk's homes which can be petted and taken care of. And the doctors say it helps the patients to feel better. To be honest those robot cats freak me out more than the sex dolls.

Robot cats like Doraemon?

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH
Doraemon isn't a robot, he's a T.A.R.D.I.S

Now we getting to the real things. Was wondering if there is a list of all the tools he has ever produced from his pocket?

Though I do like Omoemon too.

Reactions: impish and SugoiBoy