Guest viewing is limited

Omiya [Saitama] 4 People Dead, 1 Unconscious - Fuzoku Shop "Kawaii Omiya"

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
That's always a scary one here - so many of these places have no fire escape, or have it walled off/blocked....

May their souls rest in peace. I wish the victims' privacy is respected and protected.
Funny thing is that the comments on various sites are typical hypocritical bullshit you'd expect from people on the internet. One of the JP BBS's lit up with all sorts of trash comments within hours of the incident. :(

Anyway, we'll keep it clean here at least...

Even in new buildings I frequently see fire escapes blocked off.
I didn't think of fire escapes of not, more that old building could be less safe and more easily catch on fire.

Going to be a shock to family members to go identity the bodies...working at/going to soaplands
I think that the family of the workers usually has some idea at least...

Safety standards in Japan... "Yup! They're printed and we have them. See our Green Cross safety boards?"

So many places use staircases for storage areas. Anyone that has been to Ikebukuro Fantasy knows what it's like when we have to wait outside in the stairwell, surrounded by laundry and various sundry. Then inside narrow corridors with curtains that would catch fire easily and the blacked out windows would make finding the way out impossible.

So many places use staircases for storage areas. Anyone that has been to Ikebukuro Fantasy knows what it's like when we have to wait outside in the stairwell, surrounded by laundry and various sundry. Then inside narrow corridors with curtains that would catch fire easily and the blacked out windows would make finding the way out impossible.
Exactly this.

This isn't limited to P4P venues, either. Restaurants and clubs can be every bit as bad.

Tokyo Reporter is now quoting Apple News saying the fire started in the garbage area

I read this when it happend. This is a very sad death and I hope the people that were hurt recovered fully and the dead to Rest In Peace. Just thinking about it and the place being on fire and can’t get out is so scary. Now that I think about it not all love hotels in the rooms have windows either.