P4p Friendly Hotels Near Tokyo Station (traditional Hotels)

shafu

TAG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find a good answer when I searched. I'll be going to Tokyo next month for business and need to stay near the Palace or Tokyo Station. How friendly are some of the traditional business hotels around that area? Like the Shangri La, Palace, Imperial, or Tokyo Station hotels? Do you need a key to get up to the room floors? And if so, does the hotel staff cause any problems?

Thanks.

I think those hotels are generally OK. You can invite your guests to your room.

According to an information source in Japanese on the subject if it was possible to have DH in your room, the scores for Imperial, Shangri-La, Palace and Tokyo Station are follows:
http://deriheruhotel.com/hotel/index/tokyo/chiyoda/

(No. of successful cases/No. of cases where DH provider was barred to enter/summary of major remarks)
Imperial (23/ 7/ It seems no problem. Those reported "couldn't get DH provider in" didn't leave any specific remarks hence not credible.)
Shangri-La (11/ 0/ No problem at all)
Palace (4/ 0/ Need to meet up on the ground floor)
Tokyo Station (12 / 3/ It seems that you cannot invite guests to your room after a certain hour.)

Reactions: meiji
Thanks so much. So I guess most do not require a key to use the elevators. Appreciate the help.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by p4p friendly.

It's mostly likely that all of the above listed hotels require a card key to use the elevators. You may need to meet up in the lobby floor. What's for sure is, they won't stop you from inviting guests to your room (subject to a certain condition, if any, like the case of Tokyo Station Hotel). It may sound weird to you, but some hotels in Japan, not many in Tokyo though, do not allow you to invite guests to your room. In any case, providers know much better about the details of each hotel, and they will suggest the best way to meet up. Good luck!

I think those hotels are generally OK. You can invite your guests to your room.

According to an information source in Japanese on the subject if it was possible to have DH in your room, the scores for Imperial, Shangri-La, Palace and Tokyo Station are follows:
http://deriheruhotel.com/hotel/index/tokyo/chiyoda/

The fact that this sort of resource exists is pretty fantastic. Good info, thanks.