Soapland Near Bunkyo?

Art4l1fe

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. New member here and also first time going to japan. I see a lot of threads of people talking about tokyo n other places but since i am totally new to japan n this hobby. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places near bunkyo? Theres a place called shinjuin nearby where im stay so we can use that as a point of reference. I will continue doing research but would really appreciate some help since i only have a few day to prepare.

Bunkyo itself is a "clean" area but you can reach many places easily from there.

Yoshiwara is not that far. According to a fare simulator, taking a taxi there costs around Yen3000 (about 7km/20-30min. away to the east from Shinjuin temple).

Or you can walk down (south-east) to Kasuga metro station (station number: E07), which is in front of Bunkyo city office, and take an east-bound Toei Oedo-line subway train. Get off at the 2nd station (Ueno-Okachimachi (E09)) to change trains. You need to walk a bit to another station called Naka-Okachimachi (H16) where you can take a north-bound Hibiya-line subway train to Minowa (H19). According to a train schedule simulator, it takes about 19-25 min. and Yen270 to go to Minowa from Kasuga. The Yoshiwara district (proper postal address is "Senzoku 4 chome") is 10 minutes away by walk from Minowa station.

Ah thank you very much guys. This is greatly appreciated. Do u guys have any recommendations for a nuru massage thats not too expensive? Preferably below 30k yen

Alright, i will do some research based on those places. Thanks for the help!

ah might as well ask this here, which train pass should i get? if im mostly traveling in tokyo?? is yoshiwara part of tokyo? ive tried looking into the whole train/jr pass thing but it seems to get more confusing as i look into it since i dont know the whats part of what

ah might as well ask this here, which train pass should i get? if im mostly traveling in tokyo?? is yoshiwara part of tokyo? ive tried looking into the whole train/jr pass thing but it seems to get more confusing as i look into it since i dont know the whats part of what

If you get a JR Rail Pass (1 week or 2, valid for tourists only) - that's good for any JR train (which is usually an above ground train) -- It does *NOT* work ok on the Toei or Tokyo Metro subways.
If you plan to use the trains a lot, for the subways, you can get a daily pass which gives you unlimited usage of the subway system. I believe JR has a day-pass system, but I've never looked at it.

If you're just going to be using trains every so often, then you could either buy a ticket each time or get your very own SUICA card and use that. (you can charge it with cash as needed for use and the SUICA, or PASMO card is valid everywhere IC cards are accepted for trains and buses.) -- You will have to give-up 500yen for deposit, but it can be refunded when you turn the card into the staff at a JR Kiosk or service center.

Just a quick addendum to the note above - you probably don't want to throw down for a JR Rail Pass unless you're going to be riding the Shinkansen a bit. If you're doing any real Shinkansen travel its a great deal but if you're just going to be traveling in and around Tokyo you'd probably do better to just grab a SUICA card (like a MetroCard in NYC - you charge it as you go and it deducts the fare for each ride). The one day free passes for JR or Metro can be a good deal if you're going to be traveling around town a lot too.

IMHO SUICA is probably the easiest option - it works on all trains, subways and buses around Tokyo and just automatically deducts the fare from your card. If you're running low you just top it up at the station and if you have a balance left on the card at the end of your trip you can cash it out at the station office.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
If you get a JR Rail Pass (1 week or 2, valid for tourists only) - that's good for any JR train (which is usually an above ground train) -- It does *NOT* work ok on the Toei or Tokyo Metro subways.
If you plan to use the trains a lot, for the subways, you can get a daily pass which gives you unlimited usage of the subway system. I believe JR has a day-pass system, but I've never looked at it.

If you're just going to be using trains every so often, then you could either buy a ticket each time or get your very own SUICA card and use that. (you can charge it with cash as needed for use and the SUICA, or PASMO card is valid everywhere IC cards are accepted for trains and buses.) -- You will have to give-up 500yen for deposit, but it can be refunded when you turn the card into the staff at a JR Kiosk or service center.
ah ok cool i guess just getting a suica card is probably the easiest thing to do

Reactions: AliceInWonderland