Guest viewing is limited

Taco Bell - Coming Back

In the same article, Shack Shack is coming too.... but I've never been to one, so not sure about it.

I wonder if the 'unique' Japanese physiology makes them immune to the TacoShits.

I'm betting....no.

Taco Bell is the great equalizer. It brings races of men racing to the shitter about 27 minutes after consumption.

Reactions: meiji
I think Taco Bell's crazy batshit perversion of Mexican food (cool ranch Doritos tacos,etc) might unfortunately do well in Japan.

Great mexican food is one thing I miss in Japan since it's not very prevalent, and Taco Bell ain't gonna change that.

Agreed. Taco Bell is as 'Mexican' as ramen is 'Chinese'.

In my Americanized brain, I crave both Taco Bell and real Mexican food separately and equally- one for nostalgia's sake, and the other one for flavor.

@k1234k - ditto to the 2nd line.

When I was 18-19 years old, getting ready for school and working part-time during the summer... I used to buy a 10 pack of soft tacos from Taco Bell for lunch (or dinner) because A) they were cheap and B) they were cheap -- thus now it's nostalgia. Then there were the 1am runs to Taco Bell after a night of studying or some other 'activity' :p

Mexican food from my hometown was good and cheap as well and it's one the first foods I eat when I land back in the states.

Reactions: Emma-Emerio
In the same article, Shack Shack is coming too.... but I've never been to one, so not sure about it.

Do you mean "Shake Shack" from NYC? Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! - I hope they don't fuck it up like Taco Bell did with this miserable launch.
My buddy who went and warned me away said the problem is they don't have high school kids dropping food on the floor and not giving a shit about the food prep. Key ingredients to any TB cuisine experience.

I think Taco Bell's crazy batshit perversion of Mexican food (cool ranch Doritos tacos,etc) might unfortunately do well in Japan.

Great mexican food is one thing I miss in Japan since it's not very prevalent, and Taco Bell ain't gonna change that.

Have you been to the little place in Ueno? Best I've had east of Sunset Junction.

The food at MUCHO in Yurakucho isn't too bad, imo. By this I mean that I could imagine it staying in business in the US...on the East Coast. The atmosphere is terrific as well...very much a fiesta buzz.

-Ww

Reactions: just4fun
Have you been to the little place in Ueno? Best I've had east of Sunset Junction.
What's the name of it? Located where?