Guest viewing is limited

Tokyo Travel

vondoom

darkness forever!!
Reaction score
so im here for quite a while now, been all over the place and somehow i cant find anything i havent seen anymore (of course there are things i havent seen, yet...)...
on my off days i usually go out and try to explore the city and i am doing that for over 5 years now...

what are your favourite spots in tokyo (or near tokyo)? doesnt have to be anything special, anything goes...
difficult question for sure, since i usually cant answer that question without knowing what others are interested in (if i know that, i can answer that quite easily, usually), but i am open for anything... restaurants, neighbourhoods, parks, museums, doesnt matter... for example recently i just visit restaurants, or shops and explore the area later, usually for a few hours...

oh nice, thx!
never been there, though i "hiked" a lot in saitama last year...

oh nice, thx!
never been there, though i "hiked" a lot in saitama last year...
Keep it mind it's large by Tokyo standards not US standards. It's a place to stroll not hike. You'll want to bring your own food. There are no shops near the station and just the usual takoyaki and ramen in the park. They do have beer.

i didnt expect any long hike... but thank you for the info...
beer, of course, is a plus, even though i dont drink beer...

I second Shinrin Koen. Riding all around the park on the bike path was great fun.

beer sucks... if i drink it, its like two times a year in summer and then its beer like heineken, beer that germans usually dont even consider to be beer...

ive been to hakone, with boat ride and everything... was nice, my company was just plain annoying...

never been to chichibu, but its on my list now...

i do various kind of things here... once i was going to various shrines here, to collect lucky charms (andgave them all away), once i went to every station on line xy, then i took the last remaining trams once and got out wherever it was interesting, one day i went to those underground artisanalshops, next day i visited urban farming places, graveyards, the list is endless... recently i just got the feeling that ive been everywhere allready... still love it, though...

and btw,if someone wants to join one day, just hit me up... open for everything, especially if it includes drinking...

yeah,been at the light house once...

ive been to that sega thing in odaiba once with my brother... im not that much into gaming, but drinks have been cheap and so we ended up being drunkan beating kids and young couples at those games... maybe go there, too, once, if you like gaming...
the sony museum (i dont remember the name)nearby was also interesting...

and btw,if someone wants to join one day, just hit me up... open for everything, especially if it includes drinking...

I'm German and not a fan of beer either (can't drink it anyways)

Drinking... beer? :joyful:

Have you tried some other beers?
I agree that some beer tastes pretty bad.

It's like some people who eat a bad example of a certain food and are put off it for life. If I ate some shitty food of course I would hate it! It took me a while to eat sashimi because I had some really lousy sashimi when I was younger.

yeah thats what people say... when i was 14/15 i drank beer, no aquired taste here... the other way round...
as i said, mild beer is okay from time to time, the malt beer they sell here was okay, but thats it in general... i might try seemingly strange mixtures, though... but no craft beer convention for me please...
i used to like miller, but no idea, wether i still like it, or not...
sometimes i am a victim of marketing, if the can looks interesting, i might buy it^^

sometimes i am a victim of marketing, if the can looks interesting, i might buy it^^

In that case you might just like Tennent's beer.

tennents-lager-penny-ii-pd-f.jpg

Take a weekend trip to Okinawa.

yeah one day, if ill ever got the money... at the moment sometimes chiba could be too expensive^^
otherwise i had tons of places to visit...

and before i forget it, for the beer loverz, there is that craft beer market in koenji, somehow everybody likes it and its highly praised... maybe something to check out...
other than that there is still the roof top beer garden in shinjuku i guess... wasnt that bad...

I dont know if this is your kind of thing, but Japan always has great art exhibitions going on, I went to see takashi murakami a few months back and that was great.
http://www.timeout.com/tokyo this website has news on a few upcoming events (including art exhibitions), might find something worthwhile.

always welcomed! there are artists i visit during any of their exhibitions and some other exhibitions i am interested in...

and thx for the link, i already knew it (i hate to write event pages for my former employers home page), but maybe others dont...

This is vondoom's thread, but just to add to the craft beer talk, I'd recommend Good Faucets in Shibuya as well as Devilcraft in Hamamatsucho and Kanda (Chicago-ish-style pizza as well!).

just feel free to highjack the thread, i am sure everybody is happy about any kind of information they can get and i am happy when people get encouraged to go out...
just because i dont drink beer, doesnt mean others shouldnt... hell, even i might go if i pass the shop and feel like it... or maybe rather the local "booze off"^^

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
The observation lounge on top of the Asahi Beer HQ is a cool place to go at sunset. I was going to say that you can enjoy a super fresh Asahi on tap, but since you don't drink beer just go for the view.

It has a panoramic view of the river and city, plus the Skytree is near by so you have a good view of that too.

I never get tired of Shinjuku's Piss Alley, I love the strange food and dive bar atmosphere.

There are some decent walking/nature trails around that reservoir near the Tokyo Dome.

then tokyo dome is maybe next...
i btw have been to a few craft beer stores last week and it was surprisingly good (to get back on the beer topic)...

that is a nice place clos(er) to the skytree, too:
http://lucite-gallery.com/