What do you look for in a review?

Critics are usually the ones that are outspoken; just keep in mind that there are many others out there that enjoy reading long, detailed reviews.
The summary and recap is for those people who are tl;dr types.
Thanks. Yeah I guess that's typically the case most everywhere, and I did expect this kind of pushback. Wouldn't have posted though if I didn't think others would enjoy reading it, so I don't really mind.

It’s much better to be in connection with your senses and enjoying every moment than being desensitized or doing this because it has turned into an addiction. Don’t succumb into thinking you’re a “fan”, because you’re simply a person who can *still* take pleasure from a pleasurable experience. Being desensitized is one of my worst fears, not just for p4p but in all aspects of life.

I dont think this guy is a fanboy. He’s doesnt give a creepy vibe like they do.

He wrote 2 paragraphs on ‘the walk’ and another 2 on ‘the elevator’.

That is funny, and noteworthy.

You are a good white knightess :)

Reactions: Godric and Frenchy
I dont think this guy is a fanboy. He’s doesnt give a creepy vibe like they do.

He wrote 2 paragraphs on ‘the walk’ and another 2 on ‘the elevator’.

That is funny, and noteworthy.

You are a good white knightess :)

Damn, now I want to read this review! (If only for those two parts, that’s original)

Reactions: Godric
Please don’t be apologetic about yourself. There are a few people here on TAG, who think it’s acceptable or even entertaining to be rude. To be brutally honest, the same people give a very “cliquey” vibe and scare off some new members in my opinion. At least that’s what I had felt when I first joined here. I forget the words, but I never forget how people made me feel.

If TAG Manager has approved your review, it’s the end of story. As he has pointed out above, many people enjoy reading a well written review, even though they don’t actively post here.

It’s much better to be in connection with your senses and enjoying every moment than being desensitized or doing this because it has turned into an addiction. Don’t succumb into thinking you’re a “fan”, because you’re simply a person who can *still* take pleasure from a pleasurable experience. Being desensitized is one of my worst fears, not just for p4p but in all aspects of life.
Thank you :) Fully agree. And I'm not really sorry or apologizing, just being polite...

Reactions: Simonka
Damn, now I want to read this review! (If only for those two parts, that’s original)
Well then you'll be super excited to hear that those two parts will appear in my upcoming post about my date with Simona too. The elevator part is at least four paragraphs this time ;)

Reactions: Durg50 and Simonka
Well then you'll be super excited to hear that those two parts will appear in my upcoming post about my date with Simona too. The elevator part is at least four paragraphs this time ;)
Great! Can’t wait for it! Makes me wonder what you two did in that elevator :D

I think the dynamics between that senior man and his wife was worth writing an essay on its own :D

The elevator part is at least four paragraphs this time ;)

I am starting to think the TAG ladies should start offering elevator time courses. Should be an instant hit.

You are a man of few words. Unlike some review writers, that is.

Though unlike some guys who have voiced their opinion that they like to write reviews of the good encounters only I tend to like to write about those ones that are not so good.

Especially if there already is 99 glowing reviews of a girl the 100th is not going to be very helpful to others.

But if you had less than stellar meeting writing about it could help others to avoid the same mistakes you did. And there certainly are enough new mistakes to be made so everyone can still fuck up freely.
I don't disagree with this. I do think there are other factors to consider too though. For me, yeah, I wanted to show Alice appreciation and give her rightful credit, knowing full well she already has a stellar track record. I think she deserves it and I am happy if I can add to that. I probably wouldn't have met her or Simona if I hadn't been able to access all these positive reviews, and that's me, but I think there might be others like me too. So I wanted to give back in a sense.

Writing negative reviews would be hard for me. I don't like putting anyone down. I did have a negative encounter the day before Alice, where the girl arrived over 30 minutes late and acted like it was my fault somehow (which it was clearly not), and then rushed through the rest of the date. I thought this was very unprofessional and rude and I told her so.

My hope is that giving her this feedback directly gives her the chance to reflect and maybe change her behavior, rather than trying to achieve the same thing by posting about it online since that may have other repercussions for her. I can't tell if my experience was typical (I've seen no such reviews of her), or if she just slipped up this one time for whatever reason, and so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. It's her livelihood at stake, so I'm not gonna warn people about her.

So my take is that in the absence of *many* positive reviews, it's more of a gamble. If I see the odd negative review, I'll try not to make too much of it, whether it's p4p, a restaurant, or a hotel. The count of positive ones tells me more. I appreciate that others take a different view.

Of course it would be different if I felt the need to issue a downright warning about someone.

It's her livelihood at stake, so I'm not gonna warn people about her.

I can agree or fully agree with most of what you said. But this is a point where I would like to strongly disagree.

To take an extreme example if everyone would take your approach "because her livelihood is at stake" then scammers would be always able to scam new people forever.

Moreover I think it is normal for this kind of interactions that you will have great, good and then not so great sessions. Not everyone clicks with everyone, not even with the best provider there is. And having those negatives out there too will help people to better judge if that provider will work for me and maybe even have more realistic expectations about the meeting.

Also if you write it as it was "she was late for 30 minutes" without harsh language or putting her down there is nothing problematic about it. And if there is only one negative review then most everyone reading will have proper sense to take it as one off. But if there are several then you have the choice of booking someone else or expect her to be 30 minutes late and be prepared for that.

I mean there definitely are girls I would be happy to spend waiting 30 extra minutes. :D

I can agree or fully agree with most of what you said. But this is a point where I would like to strongly disagree.

To take an extreme example if everyone would take your approach "because her livelihood is at stake" then scammers would be always able to scam new people forever.

Moreover I think it is normal for this kind of interactions that you will have great, good and then not so great sessions. Not everyone clicks with everyone, not even with the best provider there is. And having those negatives out there too will help people to better judge if that provider will work for me and maybe even have more realistic expectations about the meeting.

Also if you write it as it was "she was late for 30 minutes" without harsh language or putting her down there is nothing problematic about it. And if there is only one negative review then most everyone reading will have proper sense to take it as one off. But if there are several then you have the choice of booking someone else or expect her to be 30 minutes late and be prepared for that.

I mean there definitely are girls I would be happy to spend waiting 30 extra minutes. :D

Yes, really if « livelihoods are at stake » just because some reviews are negative then those livelihoods were already shaky to start with. In my biz we often get clients complains, we often complain when we are the clients, we try to correct issues if they are real, we ignore if they aren’t (or do not justify the extra hassles)...c’est la vie...

I still think negative reviews are important, though I have a hard time with it too. But I've written criticism before because this is what TAG is. It's a review forum. To put it crudely, consumers come to this forum to make a decision about whether they are willing to spend time and money on an experience.

Yes, really if « livelihoods are at stake » just because some reviews are negative then those livelihoods were already shaky to start with. In my biz we often get clients complains, we often complain when we are the clients, we try to correct issues if they are real, we ignore if they aren’t (or do not justify the extra hassles)...c’est la vie...

Point taken, and thank you for elaborating. I don't disagree, or think that it's wrong to write negative reviews. They can be both valuable and warranted, which I think can be true also for the 100th positive review. For me it's a judgment call based on different factors (one simply being what I feel like writing), and in this case, the negatives didn't tip the scale enough.

Just to clarify, the 30 minute delay in itself was not a big deal for me. Shit happens and I could also happily wait if my schedule allows it. But it was a bit annoying that she texted me already 15 minutes late "I'm going to be late" (duh) because she didn't look up how long the ride to my hotel was (not cool), making it sound like it was my fault (what?!) that she didn't plan in advance and then rushing through the remaining 30 minutes (sigh), even though I asked her if the late arrival meant she was going to be in a rush, to which she said no (...).

Even now as I write it out, I'm automatically starting to blow off steam and vent my frustration. It easily happens, and sometimes I get the feeling that's what some negative reviews are mainly for, to vent rather than for the purpose of providing information. I can't really back this up, but I have the feeling that even the most balanced critique will not be taken at face value by all. It will be interpreted and exaggerated, and thus risk a negative impact for the provider that's perhaps not motivated. I respect that others would want this information and if they think I'm in the wrong in this case.

I expressed my criticism to her, I felt like she listened even though she wasn't happy about it and I hope she took it to heart. Then I feel like I can leave it at that. It would be different if she had advertised "Always on time and Always taking responsibility for my actions" as key selling points (a ludicrously sexy ad). That would have made a negative review warranted in my mind, as any other experience would have if a provider didn't offer services as advertised or agreed. Now it was a pretty minor thing (she was late and handled it poorly, and maybe she just had a bad day), that I'm not sure is relevant to others to know about her. It could be, I'm just not sure. So I feel the potential upside to the many is smaller than the potential damage to her in writing a review about her in this case.

Lastly, I agree p4p in a lot of ways don't differ from the logic of other markets or services rendered. But in some key ways it does. More so than elsewhere, it's very personal to the service provider. This is especially true for independents. I'd also have less concern voicing public criticism to Large Soda Corporation than to Soda Joe on the corner, but even with Large Soda I would in most cases prefer reaching out directly to them than doing it publicly online.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Point taken, and thank you for elaborating. I don't disagree, or think that it's wrong to write negative reviews. They can be both valuable and warranted, which I think can be true also for the 100th positive review. For me it's a judgment call based on different factors (one simply being what I feel like writing), and in this case, the negatives didn't tip the scale enough.

Just to clarify, the 30 minute delay in itself was not a big deal for me. Shit happens and I could also happily wait if my schedule allows it. But it was a bit annoying that she texted me already 15 minutes late "I'm going to be late" (duh) because she didn't look up how long the ride to my hotel was (not cool), making it sound like it was my fault (what?!) that she didn't plan in advance and then rushing through the remaining 30 minutes (sigh), even though I asked her if the late arrival meant she was going to be in a rush, to which she said no (...).

Even now as I write it out, I'm automatically starting to blow off steam and vent my frustration. It easily happens, and sometimes I get the feeling that's what some negative reviews are mainly for, to vent rather than for the purpose of providing information. I can't really back this up, but I have the feeling that even the most balanced critique will not be taken at face value by all. It will be interpreted and exaggerated, and thus risk a negative impact for the provider that's perhaps not motivated. I respect that others would want this information and if they think I'm in the wrong in this case.

I expressed my criticism to her, I felt like she listened even though she wasn't happy about it and I hope she took it to heart. Then I feel like I can leave it at that. It would be different if she had advertised "Always on time and Always taking responsibility for my actions" as key selling points (a ludicrously sexy ad). That would have made a negative review warranted in my mind, as any other experience would have if a provider didn't offer services as advertised or agreed. Now it was a pretty minor thing (she was late and handled it poorly, and maybe she just had a bad day), that I'm not sure is relevant to others to know about her. It could be, I'm just not sure. So I feel the potential upside to the many is smaller than the potential damage to her in writing a review about her in this case.

Lastly, I agree p4p in a lot of ways don't differ from the logic of other markets or services rendered. But in some key ways it does. More so than elsewhere, it's very personal to the service provider. This is especially true for independents. I'd also have less concern voicing public criticism to Large Soda Corporation than to Soda Joe on the corner, but even with Large Soda I would in most cases prefer reaching out directly to them than doing it publicly online.

Well written. I do not necessarily agree with everything but you clearly make your point.

"Always on time and Always taking responsibility for my actions"

That got me LOL for real! Yeah I would even pay extras for a lady who writes that and delivers ! :)

Writing negative reviews would be hard for me. I don't like putting anyone down. I did have a negative encounter the day before Alice, where the girl arrived over 30 minutes late and acted like it was my fault somehow (which it was clearly not), and then rushed through the rest of the date. I thought this was very unprofessional and rude and I told her so.

A review of this provider or at least naming her would be useful information. It might prevent others from having similar experiences.

Reactions: Sudsy