What extent of Japanese do you need for DH?

Hilith19527

TAG Member
Reaction score
So first of all my conversational Japanese ability is close to zero. Best I can do is probably understanding some basic words/short phrases.

Secondly I've never tried delivery health (or any other form of sex service in Japan) so this will be my first time.

So my question is, if the provider is unfortunately as illterate in English as I do in Japanese, can the service still proceed? Or what level of Japanese skill do you need to book a Japanese speaking only lady?

In comparison to soaplands or other brick and mortar shops delivery services require "logistics". Times can change, another hotel needs to be picked because the one selected during booking has no rooms available etc...

Because of that the number of shops/girls that will deal with foreigners that don't speak Japanese is very very limited.

If you want to try some kind of sex service for the very first time just go to a soapland. Play at soaplands is also a lot more streamlined. Because of the usual routines it is probably easier to enjoy it even if you can't communicate that well.

So the honest answer you can get away with it with almost zero Japanese. As long as you have a translation app. The key is to look for the DH using cityheaven. Look for the ones that have line, telegram or what's app messaging options. From there you can use translation apps to message them directly. If you read through the reviews on here there are several DHs that have English speaking staff already mentioned. You can also utilize hime to try and message girls directly most won't respond, but a few will. The last is Twitter several DH girls advertise on there. I recently met a soapland girl on Twitter who steered me away from her club because it was overpriced for froriegners.

So the honest answer you can get away with it with almost zero Japanese. As long as you have a translation app. The key is to look for the DH using cityheaven. Look for the ones that have line, telegram or what's app messaging options. From there you can use translation apps to message them directly. If you read through the reviews on here there are several DHs that have English speaking staff already mentioned. You can also utilize hime to try and message girls directly most won't respond, but a few will. The last is Twitter several DH girls advertise on there. I recently met a soapland girl on Twitter who steered me away from her club because it was overpriced for froriegners.
Should be noted as well: Be honest, even in translation, that you are foreign and that you cannot speak the language. Lying is about half the case why shops don’t want to deal with us.

The best motto here is: The truth will set your jizz free.

Should be noted as well: Be honest, even in translation, that you are foreign and that you cannot speak the language. Lying is about half the case why shops don’t want to deal with us.

The best motto here is: The truth will set your jizz free.
Thanks for the advise. Definitely don't think there's any good reason to hide my foreign identity.
I think I can settle the phone conversation with translation but just don't want to ruin the experience (and waste the money) due to language barrier in the in room part.
In comparison to soaplands or other brick and mortar shops delivery services require "logistics". Times can change, another hotel needs to be picked because the one selected during booking has no rooms available etc...

Because of that the number of shops/girls that will deal with foreigners that don't speak Japanese is very very limited.

If you want to try some kind of sex service for the very first time just go to a soapland. Play at soaplands is also a lot more streamlined. Because of the usual routines it is probably easier to enjoy it even if you can't communicate that well.
The reason why I thought of DH is because it feels relatively safer for foreigners. I personally identify myself as an easy looking target for touts and scammers alike and it's probably harder to say no if I end up in an unpleasant situation. But regardless thanks for the advise and I will check out the soaplands that have some reviews for foreigners.

The crucial point is that you will need to inform the shop of what hotel you are in and what your room number is, so the girl can find you. You can get a translation app to give you the text to read phonetically, but without this, the girl isn't going to find you.

Once I called a DH shop to confirm my appointment one hour in advance. I was just about to walk into the Love Hotel at the time. They said "call us again and let us know what your room number is." I thought it would be easier to take a photo of the room key, which I got 30 seconds later, and send it to them. The appointment time came and then they called, saying "we never got your call about the room number." They did get the photo, but they required that call.

The crucial point is that you will need to inform the shop of what hotel you are in and what your room number is, so the girl can find you. You can get a translation app to give you the text to read phonetically, but without this, the girl isn't going to find you.

Once I called a DH shop to confirm my appointment one hour in advance. I was just about to walk into the Love Hotel at the time. They said "call us again and let us know what your room number is." I thought it would be easier to take a photo of the room key, which I got 30 seconds later, and send it to them. The appointment time came and then they called, saying "we never got your call about the room number." They did get the photo, but they required that call.

If you can't call the shops don't use DH. That's really annoys me.
There are very few shops that accept text alone. I am also lazy bum so if that's the case I also back to it, but you really have to stick to the shop's preference. Only a verified message is worth anything. If they don't reply you HAVE to call.

There are very few shops that accept text alone. I am also lazy bum so if that's the case I also back to it, but you really have to stick to the shop's preference. Only a verified message is worth anything. If they don't reply you HAVE to call.
I think he understands that.

And for the record, that number of shops accepting text is proliferating. From what I learned from Sei no Kiwami last year, often times the staff themselves cannot speak or understand coherent Japanese so they miss opportunities. (They are still call only as far as I know, though.)

It’s not always on the player’s end.

Reactions: Alice
As a millennial, I hate phone calls and having a log in heaven chat keeps confusion to a minimum

Reactions: Alice
Would the shops have any issue with calling ahead of time for the reservation then calling from a completely different number to confirm the room, say from the love hotel?

Would the shops have any issue with calling ahead of time for the reservation then calling from a completely different number to confirm the room, say from the love hotel?
Why would you? I would try to avoid that.
Most shops use your number to immediately identify who is calling to get the booking and verification right. If it's a large shop like Stella there is no other way for them to get the logistics right. Calling from an unknown number to verify something makes things more complicated than they have to be.

Reactions: Alice and R3mmles
Why would you? I would try to avoid that.
Most shops use your number to immediately identify who is calling to get the booking and verification right. If it's a large shop like Stella there is no other way for them to get the logistics right. Calling from an unknown number to verify something makes things more complicated than they have to be.
My phone doesn't have a removable SIM card and I don't believe my current contract allows for e-SIMs. I know I can rent a voice only phone from JAL pretty cheap, but if I only need it for a couple shops in the latter half of my trip then there's not much point. I was looking at a couple DH shops where their standard course can start with a meet-up where they call you at the starting location, not sure if the store would accept Line or something as an alternative in those cases.

I think he understands that.
Yeah. I don't really have problems with phone calls. The only reason I used CH chat this one time, is I had just gotten off the phone with the shop a minute earlier. I thought it would be ok, but it wasn't. I brought it up to illustrate the point that phone calls are pretty much unavoidable.

Reactions: R3mmles and Danbo
I'm totally fine to return a call in the sense that I'm not sociophobic or anything, but is it common for shops to require to you to explain your whereabouts etc in Japanese?

I do see that most shops listed on city heaven travelers do not come with the "have English speaking staff" tag (and I'm assuming most girls don't) and probably the best I can do is read out romaji translation from chatGPT or something