What is the brown mouth wash?

MandoTiger

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Earlier this year, I had my first set of encounters in Japan and had an amazing time. I am looking to return later this year. I do have a question for the community. I am use to showering and getting ready with the providers. We refer gargling with mouth wash as "The Blue Toast". This is based on the mouth wash always being a blue alcohol based liquid. In Japan, all the providers gave me a brown mouth wash. I was surprised by the color and it didn't burn like what we use in the US.

I have never seen this brown mouth wash in the US. Could anyone tell me what it is and what it is made out of? Is there any difference or benefits? Is the brown mouth wash better then the blue toast for our hobby?

MT

Hi Folks,

Earlier this year, I had my first set of encounters in Japan and had an amazing time. I am looking to return later this year. I do have a question for the community. I am use to showering and getting ready with the providers. We refer gargling with mouth wash as "The Blue Toast". This is based on the mouth wash always being a blue alcohol based liquid. In Japan, all the providers gave me a brown mouth wash. I was surprised by the color and it didn't burn like what we use in the US.

I have never seen this brown mouth wash in the US. Could anyone tell me what it is and what it is made out of? Is there any difference or benefits? Is the brown mouth wash better then the blue toast for our hobby?

MT
1714057973156.png

Something like this?

It's povidone-iodine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it Iodine? Never knew it could be used as mouth wash. I recall using iodine as a little kid to put on small cuts. When the provider handed me the cut, I was just caught off guard on how dark brown it was. Wasn't sure if it was coffee or a cola.

Do you know if this work better than Listerine?

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it Iodine? Never knew it could be used as mouth wash. I recall using iodine as a little kid to put on small cuts. When the provider handed me the cut, I was just caught off guard on how dark brown it was. Wasn't sure if it was coffee or a cola.

Not a doctor, just know that both are pretty good at what they do. I'm sure there are some studies out there that compare the efficacy of each type in various circumstances.

Reactions: Alice
It's meant to do the same thing as listerine, but without the "spicy" mintiness that might irritate a woman's nether regions if you do an oral rinse right before DATY. Efficacy is a research topic I don't know much about, but they're both meant to do the same thing, i.e. kill oral bacteria.

Reactions: SugoiBoy and Alice
I don't think isojin does much to stop STDs though. Limited efficacy against STDs, if any IIRC. In my cases the girls just put a little in a cup and then use the shower water from the shower head to dilute it and fill the cup the rest of the way, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: SugoiBoy
Covid studies showed it to be moderately effective if used for 30 seconds. Not 100% by all means, but does produce a significant reduction in the level of harmful microorganisms in the mouth and back of the throat.

When you consider that it’s standard practice in fuzoku here, as well as BBBJ, and that gonorrhoea and chlamydia rates here are far lower than in many countries - yeah, the circumstantial evidence holds up.

I just looked this up as I recall at the dentist's office, they give you iodine rinses too. tldr: Listerine focuses on combating teeth and mouth-based bacteria with essential oils (EO) with alcohol as the carrier. It doesn't seem EO are strong enough to kill general bacteria and viruses, particularly with a quick rinse.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/listerine

As a side note, I only had to do that once and she went into 69, where I was hesitant to do so but... I will make a note of what to expect anytime the mouthwash is offered.

As a side note, I only had to do that once and she went into 69, where I was hesitant to do so but... I will make a note of what to expect anytime the mouthwash is offered.
You were hesitant to 69 with her, and she offered the iodine mouthwash to reassure you?

Honestly, I would just say it's good practice to do the mouthwash anyways, even if all you're going to be doing is DFK. It's not just for STDs, but for regular viruses or bacteria too. You can easily catch COVID or the flu from a provider, but an iodine mouthwash can reduce the chances or severity.

Reactions: requiemmorrow
This thread ended up being much more informative than I expected :) I appreciate everyone's insight and input. I do agree that good oral hygiene before and after a session is important. I will now know to expect a brown mouth wash in Japan versus the Blue Toast I am familiar with.

One thing to add - the iodine mouthwash is MUCH better than toothbrushing pre and post session. Toothbrishing opens micro tears through your gumline, creating an entry point for all sorts of nasty bugs.

You were hesitant to 69 with her, and she offered the iodine mouthwash to reassure you?

Honestly, I would just say it's good practice to do the mouthwash anyways, even if all you're going to be doing is DFK. It's not just for STDs, but for regular viruses or bacteria too. You can easily catch COVID or the flu from a provider, but an iodine mouthwash can reduce the chances or severity.
Eh, I feel like a good session starts with DFK before there is a chance to gargle.

All this painting kissing or kissing without mouth wash as dangerous seems ridiculous to me, surely even if you avoid kissing, there is a big chance of catching covid when someone is breathing straight into your face in missionary position for around 10 minutes. 🤨

One thing to add - the iodine mouthwash is MUCH better than toothbrushing pre and post session. Toothbrishing opens micro tears through your gumline, creating an entry point for all sorts of nasty bugs.
Iodine doesn’t give you a fresh breath like brushing or listerine do though.

Reactions: Cinnabums
I prefer not to do mouthwash during the session since i find some of them make the tongue numb for a while and it ruins the sensation when kissing.

The pro tip is to make sure to do the iodine rinse AFTER having a fun time.
Reminds of the joke:
Dude walks into the men’s room, sees a guy urinating. Guy finishes, zips up, and walks out. Just as he’s about to leave the new guys says “aren’t you going to wash your hands?”
And the guy answers “Yo I wash my hands BEFORE I touch my dick.”

Reactions: Cinnabums and Alice
Eh, I feel like a good session starts with DFK before there is a chance to gargle.
Would give it a more personal feel for sure, but so far, the providers I've seen from shops, it always starts with the cleaning up and mouthwash.
All this painting kissing or kissing without mouth wash as dangerous seems ridiculous to me, surely even if you avoid kissing, there is a big chance of catching covid when someone is breathing straight into your face in missionary position for around 10 minutes. 🤨
It's not so much dangerous, just... if it reduces risk, even a little, why not do it? And yeah, when you're exchanging fluids, definitely more chances for catching something, whether STD or other.

Would give it a more personal feel for sure, but so far, the providers I've seen from shops, it always starts with the cleaning up and mouthwash.

It's not so much dangerous, just... if it reduces risk, even a little, why not do it? And yeah, when you're exchanging fluids, definitely more chances for catching something, whether STD or other.
High class soaplands that provide Soku should offer kisses before gargling.

Honestly if there is a tiny reduction of risk but it also reduces the intimacy, I don’t see the point. (Not talking about Russian roulette stuff like BB of course).
As for Covid, it definitely got spread by breathing on each other. If you are not gonna keep that one and a half meter distance, might as well not worry about kissing!

Reactions: bdole and Cinnabums

she handed it to me first. I didn't know why until later 😅

yea before and after would be good. I didn't get offered after. maybe I should prepare my own bottle of iodine.

she handed it to me first. I didn't know why until later 😅

yea before and after would be good. I didn't get offered after. maybe I should prepare my own bottle of iodine.
Listerine total care does just a good at cleaning afterwards. Actually it is better at killing bacteria. Bring a little travel bottle in your bag. This is just an all around good tip as it has helped me many times for important meetings after lunch lol
1714254630734.png

Reactions: Tabanico
Listerine total care does just a good at cleaning afterwards. Actually it is better at killing bacteria. Bring a little travel bottle in your bag. This is just an all around good tip as it has helped me many times for important meetings after lunch lol
View attachment 24848
Couldn't agree more. I always buy a bottle at Donki whenever I land. It's a shame they only sell the big bottle as I never manage to finish it before I return home.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the smaller travel bottles at Lawson's or 7-11.

Reactions: tkthedk