Why No Bills For Residence Tax This Year?

konbini guy

TAG Member
Reaction score
I usually recieve it on my mailbox around June or July.

This year it has not come

I'm worried about penalties

Why it has not come?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You have always paid it on your own?

Assuming you didn't move or change status, you may want to follow-up with your local government office if you haven't received what you think you should have.

I've never dealt with getting a residence tax bill, it's just simply take care of by my company. (I pay it, but the company takes care of the payments and tells me what's been paid.)

If you recently changed employers,your new employer may be handling it for you - check your payslip for resident's tax withholding, or ask your HR person. If not, just contact your ward office, they'll square you away.

Did you move your address in January 2 onwards this year? If your residential address in your tax declaration to National Tax Agency is same as where your resident registration states as of January 1 this year, there wouldn't be a problem. If different, it may cause a problem as NTA sends information to different municipality from the one you need to pay for residence tax to (i.e. where you reside on paper as of January 1, this year). In anyway, you can just go and ask at your local municipality office and they will sort it out for you.

did not change address nor employer

I've always paid it through konbini right after I recieve the slips

my co-workers also did not receive what they usually receive by mail

I suspect the My Number thing got this F****d up

Then you may want to check your pay slip for June to see if the residence tax is deducted. Your employer may have started to pay residence tax, along with income tax, on your behalf from June onwards.