Guest viewing is limited

Your Favourite Coffeshops In Tokyo?

SweetBree

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a coffee nerd and will be in Tokyo Nov 12-16 and would love to hear from TAG members where they like to go. I always prefer one-off shops to chains, but am open to suggestions.
Will be primarily in Shibuya-ku, Meguro-ku, Minato-ku and Chiyoda-ku.

xoxo Bree

I've never even bothered to to remember the names, I just remember where it is and what I like there.

Personally, I prefer some of the more classic coffee shops -- I think some of them are owned by a chain, but you really couldn't tell when you walk in. I've got one or two favorites spread across Ikebukuro, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Marunouchi/Kanda.

It's been a while since I've been there, but Fuglen is great. A bit of Norway in the center of Tokyo.

Reactions: Black Mage
It's been a while since I've been there, but Fuglen is great. A bit of Norway in the center of Tokyo.

My only problem with them is that the coffee house transforms after 19:00. I've never been in the evening hours, but the daytime is a nice experience. That said, I've been like once before. :p

I don't drink coffee but the last time I had one was at mister donut and it tasted just fine. It's all the same to me.

Reactions: Solong
I don't drink coffee but the last time I had one was at mister donut and it tasted just fine. It's all the same to me.

It's just not the taste of the coffee, it's the experience and atmosphere. I don't like the bright modern atmosphere you find in the common ones. I like the darker more classic styles... it's like taking a step back in time.

It's a personal taste, so it's not for everyone.

My first criteria for coffee shops is the quality of the coffee... and then of course the atmosphere. I tend to prefer quiet side streets. I really don't mind modern or classic. Thank you so much to all for your suggestions... and keep them coming!

The south-east area from Omotesando Station (on Aoyama Dori) towards Aoyama Gakuin University, those back streets are packed with interesting, beautiful, unique little cafes. My personal favorite is actually part of a high-end florist shop, really nice for discreet dates:
http://www.nicolaibergmann.com/en/locations/locations-nicolai-bergmann-nomu
http://thetokyostreet.com/item/nicolai-bergmann-cafe/
And thank you so much for these links. I need to be in this neighbour hood on two occasions on this trip and so can punctuate the visits with each of these lovely looking spots.
xoxo