Guest viewing is limited

Approaching a Japanese woman in public

Bijinhunter

TAG Member
Reaction score
Please share your best opening lines. I wanna be able to successfully approach them in my next visit to Japan(Hokkaido/Tokyo/Kansai/Fukuoka). The more sincere, the better as I actually want a long-term relationship. Thanks

Ok, the short story how I approached my Japanese wife. That happened 23 years ago and we are still married though live separately but in good relationship and meet from time to time.
There is an international center in Nagoya where many foreigners and Japanese interested in interaction with foreigners gather together.
One day I noticed one model-like girl who was reading some pamphlets of the language schools those offered the lessons of my mother tang/language.
I just approached her and said that I could teach her for free in return he teaches me Japanese. That`s all my story. :)

Ok, the short story how I approached my Japanese wife. That happened 23 years ago and we are still married though live separately but in good relationship and meet from time to time.
There is an international center in Nagoya where many foreigners and Japanese interested in interaction with foreigners gather together.
One day I noticed one model-like girl who was reading some pamphlets of the language schools those offered the lessons of my mother tang/language.
I just approached her and said that I could teach her for free in return he teaches me Japanese. That`s all my story. :)

And your name perhaps describes this story… 😂😂😂

And your name perhaps describes this story… 😂😂😂
But no, it`s a true story actually.
To make it more simple, if Japanese (or any other girl) wants something and you can give her what she wants (or at least illusion of it), it`s a good beginning for deeper relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlieSimms
I was about to reply "how sweet" until I saw the other comment lol.

Is it true tho? What's the name of the international center?

Yup, nothing more sincere than using lines taught to you by perverts in the internet.
Nothing wrong with learning how to improve that all important first impression and follow on interactions. Some nampa/pua techniques can be adapted to work with many social situations and even helps an insular person to be more open and direct.

Just don't do any techniques that require you to lie, cause that can sabotage potential future interactions.

You can go to International Friendship Party's hosted that are often in bigger cities depending on where you visit/live. Girls there are receptive to at least making friends. The quality range at those events varies and is all over the place. YMMV and depends on your personality.

You can go to International Friendship Party's hosted that are often in bigger cities depending on where you visit/live. Girls there are receptive to at least making friends. The quality range at those events varies and is all over the place. YMMV and depends on your personality.

We had one of those near my NOVA branch back in the day, in the suburbs near a Gai-Dai and it was connected to the free municipal language-exchange classes. It would've been better referred to as "_______-Ward Collection of World Class Losers, Mentally Ill and Life Failures." IIRC, they also used to hold a free "international friendship" type event in Shinsaibashi/Namba in Osaka a couple of times a year. That one was basically 95% scumbag Brazilians with a sprinkling of Nigerians pretending to be from LA/NYC, and then the rest were 37yo American/Canadian male virgins, the type who start sweating and stuttering when any female comes within three feet of them...and then maybe a half dozen females (if you want to use that term) who I'd rather suck a dick than kiss. Me and my buddies popped into one of those events just once in our very first month or so in-country, took a look around for a moment and then never made that mistake again. Kid is better off going to a Pur/Gaspanic type of club if he can find one--same male-female ratio with the same life-failures but at least there's cheap alcohol.

You can debate the whole pick-up line, JLPT-level, approach, wardrobe, prefecture, setting, etc., nonsense ad nauseum, but at the end of the day the one single truth doesn't change: If you can't get laid back home, you're not getting laid in Japan. Or any country. For free, anyway. If you're able to pick up women back home, you will be able to pick up women in Japan, even if the only three Japanese words you know are "CHIMPO," "GA" and "NAI."

Trans? :)
Sorry, I am still probably too romantic but still beleave that there are girls who are not for money.

You are correct, some might be after land or peace with France.

Please share your best opening lines. I wanna be able to successfully approach them in my next visit to Japan(Hokkaido/Tokyo/Kansai/Fukuoka). The more sincere, the better as I actually want a long-term relationship. Thanks
"Hey, have you seen my V-card?"

Reactions: Cinnabums
You can debate the whole pick-up line, JLPT-level, approach, wardrobe, prefecture, setting, etc., nonsense ad nauseum, but at the end of the day the one single truth doesn't change: If you can't get laid back home, you're not getting laid in Japan. Or any country. For free, anyway.
A lot of American classmates at my university were severely disappointed to find out this hard truth. It's too bad corona ruined the shit show and sent us all to Zoom for two years because it was quite fun to watch.

Reactions: Keihan
You can debate the whole pick-up line, JLPT-level, approach, wardrobe, prefecture, setting, etc., nonsense ad nauseum, but at the end of the day the one single truth doesn't change: If you can't get laid back home, you're not getting laid in Japan. Or any country. For free, anyway. If you're able to pick up women back home, you will be able to pick up women in Japan, even if the only three Japanese words you know are "CHIMPO," "GA" and "NAI."
Going to have to disagree with this one despite understanding the good intention and brutal truth it can carry for the lot who aren’t well versed culturally.

Or rather, perhaps I CAN get laid back home in the USA, but the range of women that I COULD date would be far outside of what I desire. When I was home this holiday I felt absolutely no desire nor feeling to be desired by anyone I met.

I came to this country to pursue a better life, and have had some very interesting non-p4p relationships in the process. In a sense I feel quite opposite of you, in that Japan makes me feel fucking awesome, so I guess people I’d never have a chance with back home also see me that way?

you don't need to day game if it makes you nervous.... just go to an international party (some are better than others) or an international bar like the hub and approach there, you got alcohol, intent and context on your side.

Just as long as you are not locked into the trio of death, short bald and fat then you should be good....

BTW nothing wrong with being short and/or bald... but fat, you need to remediate that

Just as long as you are not locked into the trio of death, short bald and fat then you should be good....
I got tall, bald, and fit. Will never forget one day where me and a mate on the ship were just about to get off work. He started giving me shit about not showing up to the gym after work lately and said, "Dude....do you want to be bald AND fat?!!!". That line stuck with me ever since. Luckily, my head is a good shape so I can rock the buzz cut no problem. Once I started doing that my next girlfriend was the hottest I've ever had. I've definitely felt that I've been shot down by other girls because of it, but honestly it doesn't seem to matter most of the time if you're otherwise well put together.

Last edited:
BTW nothing wrong with being short and/or bald... but fat, you need to remediate that
Et tù, Brute?

I have never really been in amazing shape my whole life and have had a decent string of girlfriends.

Granted, access to SOME girls denied because of the belly, but I would still argue just having a way with words and being interesting always goes farther than any physical appearance.

Considering the vanity in this country l, though, as a good start I jog every evening so that I can continue positive weight loss through this year as well.

Losing weight is just good in general. There are no upsides to being fat, it's all shit. When my friend from Hokkaido visited at the end of November and said that I got leaner, it made me feel incredible. Once I am back home, I'm hitting the gym to get muscle too. It's just a net positive.

I got tall, bald, and fit. Will never forget one day where me and a mate on the ship were just about to get off work. He started giving me shit about not showing up to the gym after work lately and said, "Dude....do you want to be bald AND fat?!!!". That line stuck with me ever since. Luckily, my head is a good shape so I can rock the buzz cut no problem. Once I started doing that my next girlfriend was the hottest I've ever had. I've definitely felt that I've been shot down by other girls because of it, but honestly it doesn't seem to matter most of the time if you're otherwise well put together.
couldn't agree more, its the trio you need to keep out of your life.