Guest viewing is limited

flowers on date?

Q1GH

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have known the girl for a while and we hung out quite a few times before. Only this time I formally ask her on a date. What are you guys' thought on flowers? Or something else will be better? The person in question is Japanese but is Westernized.

What are you going to do with the flowers during the date? I did flowers one time and it didn’t go over well, at all. (many, many moons ago)

A small gift in a small bag that’s easy to manage is much safer and acceptable.

What are you going to do with the flowers during the date?

Exactly. I have brought flowers but only when visiting the girl's place.

Also it very much depends on the girl, like everything. When discussing the matter one girl commented she rather get whiskey. :)

Reactions: Majestyk and Q1GH
What are you going to do with the flowers during the date? I did flowers one time and it didn’t go over well, at all. (many, many moons ago)

A small gift in a small bag that’s easy to manage is much safer and acceptable.
it was more of a gesture than anything. Well, thanks. I will get something else instead.

It depends on what you’re going to do on the date. Example, a nice slow dinner, followed by a nice walk along a river, beach or something with a nice view. I find that bringing a single rose is perfect. It’s not too forward or pretentious, plus this type of date, she doesn’t have to carry stuff for a long time.

What you may notice, is along the walk, she smells the rose and constantly looks at you, this is a really good sign for you.

Whatever you do, don’t bring a bouquet.

Reactions: Gina and Alice