Guest viewing is limited

“You have to be logged in to do that”

jackdee

TAG Member
Reaction score
I spent a good amount of time writing a review. I was pretty proud of it but when I wen to to post I got an error-

“you have to be logged in to do that”

(or similar).

I was logged in of course and when I went back my review was gone.

it’s not the first time it’s happened and it’s a little frustrating.

Thank you

I wrote on my smart phone and was 100% logged in.

it won’t stop me writing it again and Copying before posting

Thanks for the report. I'm not aware of any active issues with authentication tokens, but I'll take a look at your records to see if there's anything obvious.

But yeah, copy it before you try to submit - that's a safe way to go about it until we confirm what's going on with your account.

Reactions: jackdee
I usually write my reviews in Google doc first. Then copy and paste the whole thing, text and pictures onto TAG.
Smart move.
I do plan on extending the draft function to the review forms.

The most immediate thing I can think of is the token timeout if you don't have 'Stay Logged In' checked. I think the standard lifespan is 45 minutes (without the stay logged in option), will have to double-check.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very professional and much appreciated.
Cheers. I'm sorry for the trouble, but we'll double-check our side like I said. Please give us some time to comb through everything.

I did take a quick look at some error logs and saw that the cached (a hot mirror) session table (that maintains your login) was being wonky.
And looking a little more, it may in fact be an issue with our cache box. (If you try to submit something and there's a communication problem within our stuff, then that error is very likely to happen.)

And down the rabbit hole I go, I think I know what the issue is already, but need to check more.

Clicked the ‘stay logged in’ thing and i can post now. Weird though Id never needed to do that before
Did your browser update recently?
We did fix one small bug that was related to session caching, so that shouldn't be the issue any more.

Did your browser update recently?
We did fix one small bug that was related to session caching, so that shouldn't be the issue any more.
Not that i know of. Only use TAG on my phone and didnt update anything there recently

Not that i know of. Only use TAG on my phone and didnt update anything there recently
Thanks for the confirmation. I will go look at it once more to see if there is a regression somewhere.