• Natural sciences

• Maths

• Business

• Law

• Medicine

• Education

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having spent a lot of time with @User#16452 and many other British friends and colleagues, I have heard lots of British English vs American English, and I mostly thing the former sounds as reasonable/normal/plausible (if less familiar) than the latter. However, "maths" is an exception. It just sounds weird to me. Partly it sounds like a plural, but a plural of what word...since "math" does not seem to be a noun in British English. Or am I missing something?

-Ww

I love British English. I spent my whole life in America until attending an international school where about 1/4th of the students were from the UK.

I like the subtle (or major) differences in British English. Also I have lots of trouble understanding the ghetto London accent.

Sorry if I've derailed this thread.

To get it back in track, do most people come to live in Japan with a student visa? I'm studying here because I couldn't find an alternative way in.

Reactions: Wwanderer
A Music College in New England but not so much for the music/instrument itself. Composition, Law and Production. now just a hobby but for awhile it worked out for me.