Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hindi

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Arabic

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters
English here, but it's gotten so bad (at times) after being in Japan so long... picking up bad habits in writing and grammar from reading and trying fix translations.

Another good question - how many people actually physically write in their languages(s)? I can spend days without ever picking up a pen or a pencil to actually write something out.

English here, but it's gotten so bad (at times) after being in Japan so long... picking up bad habits in writing and grammar from reading and trying fix translations.
I hear you! The other day when we were talking about the white guy in Kabukicho I described his situation as 'misfortunate' (lol). After posting it I realized that there's no such word. There's only 'misfortune' and 'unfortunate'. That's what's happening to my English. I'm creating new words.

My first language was Babylon.

When I was a wee tot, I would just babble on and on.

e9377dc052045c6d60b4eda5edacccc4.jpg

Japanese used to be my first, but over the years i ended up using english more than japanese, so now english is my first.

Fluent in Engrish.
Perfect Australeen.
Can understand my Kiwi brethren a bit. I speak better Keiwee when I've had a few.
Texan may as well be Yiddish.

And as for 日本語, we'll all I can say is
アイスピークイットオッケイ

I mainly use English with friends and clients, but use Spanish with family members. Although I can speak Spanish fluently, I have a hard time writing or typing it.

As for my Japanese ability.. it's sadly limited
(´・Д・)」

English is my dominant language. Though I learned German first and can speak fluently, but reading & writing is a bit more difficult.

Reactions: Quietlife
german, english, japanese (reading okay, but still limited, handwriting also limited)...
i use handwriting on a daily basis, though its not like im writing letters, or something...
the language i use the most is japanese, but that is because i dont know any non japanese people, so i have to...
next would be english and last time i really spoke german happened years ago...

English : speak, write and read excellently,
French: speak, write and read excellently;(I would say perfectly bilingual for English and French)
Pegin English: speak, write and read excellently;
I also speak two other dialect from my country, let's just call them local languages;
Japanese: stage 1 beginner, however I will qualify myself as very poor in Japanese.

Another good question - how many people actually physically write in their languages(s)? I can spend days without ever picking up a pen or a pencil to actually write something out.

My job involves a fair amount of physical writing, although the things I write are specific to my field.

Native language is English and I know a bit of Japanese.

Japanese Japanese Japanese! I even learnt 万葉仮名 at Uni.
English : I can hold very basic dairy conversation, nothing more.
Spanish: Took it two years at school just to get required credits.
Italian: What's that?

I am always fascinated to the sounds of Russian though. People who can speak any slavic launguages sound pretty cool to me.

My native language is German but I mostly use English and Japanese these days. I rarely speak German anymore and only type it to communicate with friends and family in Germany. Maybe 2 a month I make a call and then I sometimes accidentally switch to English and leave my parents confused haha. They don't speak and understand any English.

My Japanese is getting better and I can hold a longer conversation but run out of vocab pretty fast after some time.

Babytalk ... I can still amaze babies w/ it!

Then my other first language was BASIC which I learned in HS. Taught me bad spaghetti. Then came Pascal, first language that taught me structure is better! College, and I communicated with old people using COBOL. Was worse than BASIC. Had my first taste of C. The high level language that is also low-level ... C is so bi. And a bit of Spanish, which was taught by the oldest person in the university.

;-)