I'm not sure if my tone came across as argumentative or angry, but it isnt / wasnt intended that way. It's more like... if there's a huge table full of cookies out on the street and everybody is curious like "What's the appeal of cookies, why don't you just go to a store like everybody else?"

Because... COOKIES!!! Right there!! YUM!!

It's not like I'm power tripping over my ability to get cookies even if the cookies don't expect it or something weird like that... I just really like cookies. It is just that simple. I just cant understand why others don't!!!

Reminds me of a Chinese quote from a movie: “饺子就在锅里,怕你是吃不上了。”

"It's my 30th, and you won't let me celebrate?"
"The dumplings are just in the pot, but I'm afraid you might not eat them now." (dumplings are traditional Chinese New Year food; this is the quote, said before a fight)

It has a double meaning, an insinuation that he won't be able to eat the dumplings. Similarly, the cookies are right there, but some guys aren't able to eat them even if they really like them. Hence the need to buy from the store, and the inability to understand that you can just eat them. They might tell themselves they don't really like cookies. Negative thinking that happens to the best of us sometimes, I suppose...

Last edited: