30+ Years Old Business Minded Male

Sagegaijin

TAG Member
Reaction score
30+ business minded male doing my own research about Japanese culture and all matters within Japan. My previous post seems to incite solicitation or self-advertising which doesn't fit the Introduction that I thought work out.

For those who read my previous OP and have more question, please feel free to ask. Thank you!

And, finally, I would like to thank the TAG Manager for the help of editing my OP. Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TAG Manager
Welcome. We mainly speak English here.

Going to Japan in the summer might be a mistake, but it's a great place to visit for a while. You are unlikely to make your money back just by offering English lessons with no teaching experience - there's way too many foreigners in Japan already offering that. It's also illegal to work in Japan without a visa.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Welcome to the Twlight Zone!

Thank you!

I assume that living 3-4 months in Japan might be tough for someone with native English. But, for some reason, I seems to jump into the fire without worrying about being burn. It isn't not thinking because why would I go to the trouble of trying to plan, spending time preparing the tourism skill. Should I not be prepare, I must abort. Thank you, again!

Welcome. We mainly speak English here.

Going to Japan in the summer might be a mistake, but it's a great place to visit for a while. You are unlikely to make your money back just by offering English lessons with no teaching experience - there's way too many foreigners in Japan already offering that. It's also illegal to work in Japan without a visa.

Thank you!

What season do you suggest? Is it not being able to adapt to the heat or the raining condition from Typhoon that might happen?

It was a thought that counts. I like reality checks. It is very important to know what is real in life.

Thank you so much!

Without the degree or years of experience it's hard but not impossible to get the work visa. You should contact recruiters. I doubt an HR person would accept someone saying they found them via an intro in an adult themed site.
If you have never been here before it might be a total loss but you'll have the experience & can't have regrets.
There's also going to school that's also common for getting a visa.

I'll do my best to write in simple English without confusing native Japanese readers.

Am 30+ years old male, who a financial conservative (or wise money manager) and live near Chicago, I was thinking about traveling to Japan for a 3-4 months in a year. Money is an army without a tactician. I can't says I am with a large army but make a good business man. If I was offer a position for short 3-4 months and extension, money itself will not be the only objective. It had to comes with making sure that you prosper with your business.

I don't have lot of money to command/lead with, so I will be savings much as I can each month to prepare for trip to Japan. You are welcome to sponsor me. I am no stranger to sponsorship (Accepting reward for finishing goals).

My Goals:

1 Round Trip From Chicago, IL to Tokyo, Japan - 81071.61 Yen
Private Room In Guesthouse Or Multi-Apartment For 3-4 Months 600's Yen monthly
Train/Bus Transportation - (in planning) ? Yen
Food/Non-Alcohol Drink (best soups are Miso and Ramen) - ? Yen
Talk With You As Listener, Talk About Business, and Observe
Visa (between tourism to ?)
2017 May-August
Learn Novice Japanese And Read Symbols

My Background:

High School
Some College, Business 101 with an A and scored 120% ROI (30% in 4 months - long term) in stock management
Experience with currency/stock trading
Have a open minded inventing mind - think great inventions

Hobbies:

Computer Repair
Computer Gaming

My Thought About Yen's Currency Value?

I believe the country's currency is the financial dignity that no country should take for nothing.

USD/Yen 1/111.06

Long Term - 2013-14 Avg 100.
Present 2016 - Will be Approaching 100's

Yen will be stronger when exchange with the USD.

Any questions or information for helping my goals are welcome!
a room in a guest house : between 60000 to 80000 yen per month all included.
transportation : let's say around 20000 per month if you don't travel outside
food : you can't eat soup and ramen every day, it's not like you'll be spending a couple of weeks. if you make your own food you can eat well for less than 40000 yen a month.
visa : if you stay 3 months or less, you don't need one. if you plan to stay 4 months you can renew your 3 months limit with a trip to Korea. not that you can't officilly work without a visa but you can still give private lessons and nobody needs to know. you can also get a student visa through a language school, the school will cost you but having a student visa allows you to work within a limit of 4 hours a day.
learn japanese : all you need is motivation, there are many free means to learn a language.

To be brutally honest the level of the OP's English is terrible. I'm not sure why Meiji mentioned about becoming an English teacher.

HR guys weed out resumes based on grammar and spelling mistakes. I was counting the errors but gave up after 20.

Also the OP claims to be an excellent businessman and at the same time admits he doesn't have much money. Why not if he is so good with financial matters?

He appears to wants to be a business consultant but can't afford the 80,000 yen for the plane ticket. Etc....

Good luck!

HR guys weed out resumes based on grammar and spelling mistakes.

As someone who works in HR, I can confirm that this guy's CV, if it's written like this post, would be forwarded around the office as a comedy piece.

visa : if you stay 3 months or less, you don't need one.

This depends on what country a person is coming from. Not all countries have a visa waiver arrangement with Japan.

if you plan to stay 4 months you can renew your 3 months limit with a trip to Korea.

This is pretty commonly done, but immigration is on the lookout for people working illegally without a visa (you can probably blame the "Gaijin Gulag" guy for this). Don't stay 3 months, go to SK for a weekend, and come back saying you are staying for an extended period and expect them to happily let you through.

Also, someone doing some occasional English tutoring for instant ramen money may not be able to afford airfare and hotel to SK.

It just reads a little weird to me. I can't understand why anyone would sponsor you, so why did they previously?

If I wanted someone who thought that they were good with money, who's hobby was playing computer games, I'd employ my 12 year old nephew.

I honestly expected the final lines to read that I'd won the lottery and just needed to hand over my bank account details so you could transfer the money.

This kind of thing would be better posted on "gaijinpot" or something than on an adult site.

Didn't Gaijinpot shut down their forums?

It just reads a little weird to me. I can't understand why anyone would sponsor you, so why did they previously?

If I wanted someone who thought that they were good with money, who's hobby was playing computer games, I'd employ my 12 year old nephew.

I honestly expected the final lines to read that I'd won the lottery and just needed to hand over my bank account details so you could transfer the money.

I don't like people giving charity money to me without a special interest reason. Sponsorship and sponsoring are a non-profitable deed. This particular avenues aren't used often by American because then it means they have to do something in return. However, this doesn't means that I should turn away from site like GoFundMe but that would be running a charitable and do nothing in return. Years ago, I have done sweet sale and ride bicycle for over 30 miles to get sponsorship. It works because people are likely to help you if you do goal orientated challenge. In fact, US politicians, Congressman, Senate, etc. are doing the same thing. If I am understanding the Japan culture correctly, I can see why this is strange.

It would be unwise for you to hand over money to a stranger like me to manage. This is not how I am going to do it. A person who have interest of someone, like me, should remains supreme/authoritarian. If I am a tactician, although you may give me command over your money, you are to remains the owner of the money. I don't want people to give money to me to manage it. It put me and you at security risk.

Computer gaming is as hobby as fixing cars, playing chess, riding bicycle, etc. Doesn't make me a bad, good, or a "degenerate".

If you have more question, please free to ask.

Thank you for the conversation!

This kind of thing would be better posted on "gaijinpot" or something than on an adult site.

I'll check out the website. Thank you for the tips!

To be brutally honest the level of the OP's English is terrible. I'm not sure why Meiji mentioned about becoming an English teacher.

HR guys weed out resumes based on grammar and spelling mistakes. I was counting the errors but gave up after 20.

Also the OP claims to be an excellent businessman and at the same time admits he doesn't have much money. Why not if he is so good with financial matters?

He appears to wants to be a business consultant but can't afford the 80,000 yen for the plane ticket. Etc....

Good luck!

I have no interest in being a English teacher. English conversationalist, maybe, someone pointed out that there is too many foreign that are doing it so I am guessing no. Also, I don't like accepting large amount of money for this particular task, just enough to cover part of my expense.

Sorry! - Forgot to thank you! Thank you for the conversation!

As someone who works in HR, I can confirm that this guy's CV, if it's written like this post, would be forwarded around the office as a comedy piece.

Sorry, but you misunderstood. This isn't a CV/or in America like to called Resume. If you thought it was a CV, your comedy is wasted. I didn't come to this forum to make fun of people but to do my hard research. But, you know what, if you want, I can delete this post and write "Hi" like everyone in the Introduction section and texts that really doesn't attract conversations. Even if I told you that I am cripple nobody and write like a poor Englishman dues to brain conditions, you wouldn't believe me.

*Bow* Thank you for the conversation!

Last edited:
I have soo much to say, but for now, all I'll say is the OP is at the wrong place for this post. Take it elsewhere. TAG is not an avenue for this.

Can I edit my OP, TAG owner/manager? I feel my introduction is becoming a solicitation, or called it advertising, and the message itself doesn't fit in the "Introduction".

Update:

I sent message to TAG Manager to see if this can work out editing my OP.

Last edited:
Can I edit my OP, TAG owner/manager? I feel my introduction is becoming a solicitation, or called it advertising, and the message itself doesn't fit in the "Introduction".

Update:

I sent message to TAG Manager to see if this can work out editing my OP.

Send me the edited version of your post and I'll update the original post at the top.

Reactions: Sagegaijin
This depends on what country a person is coming from. Not all countries have a visa waiver arrangement with Japan.
I know that, I'm myself from a country that need visa to go there. I said that considering the fact he's from US.

This is pretty commonly done, but immigration is on the lookout for people working illegally without a visa (you can probably blame the "Gaijin Gulag" guy for this). Don't stay 3 months, go to SK for a weekend, and come back saying you are staying for an extended period and expect them to happily let you through.

Also, someone doing some occasional English tutoring for instant ramen money may not be able to afford airfare and hotel to SK.
it would cause problem if he does that a lot or if it's in the end of his 3rd month but if the guy only want to spend 4 months in Japan he can go spend a night in a dorm in Seoul after 2 months for less than 30000 overall.

occasionnal tutoring isn't even garantied so of course he has to prepare the budget for his 4 months before travelling.

I know that, I'm myself from a country that need visa to go there. I said that considering the fact he's from US.

it would cause problem if he does that a lot or if it's in the end of his 3rd month but if the guy only want to spend 4 months in Japan he can go spend a night in a dorm in Seoul after 2 months for less than 30000 overall.

occasionnal tutoring isn't even garantied so of course he has to prepare the budget for his 4 months before travelling.

I'll do what I can without leaving Japan for South Korea. There is no reason for me to visit Japan if I didn't have the money.

While researching, I came across this video.

Have the situation improve in Japan?

Far as food goes, I'll keep figuring out the cost of meal. Some foods are easy to make if I have access to ingredient. Cooking/food preparation is my mild hobby.

Anybody ever try peanut butter banana sandwich? :D I won't refuse a taste of Soynut butter. ;)

Last edited:
This thread seems should be the Questions and Answers section.

Anyway if you have a decent amount of money to burn through, Japan would be a good place to stay for 3 or 4 months. You might even meet someone who can fix you up with a job but it is far from guaranteed.

In my experience a surprisingly large number of people get jobs based on connections. A lot of the best positions aren't even advertised. If you don't have connections you might struggle.

That video is about fake internships in Hiroshima fishing industry. Are you from a developing country trying to make a better life for you & your family?
If in your "research" you ran across videos of women being shamed in the office by Japanese pulling out their penis' in a group that also may not be relevant to you.

In addition to the above, it seems you place higher value in motivation and empowerment than in logics and common sense.
You'll need a better balance of each if you want to have some good outcomes.

This thread seems should be the Questions and Answers section.

Anyway if you have a decent amount of money to burn through, Japan would be a good place to stay for 3 or 4 months. You might even meet someone who can fix you up with a job but it is far from guaranteed.

In my experience a surprisingly large number of people get jobs based on connections. A lot of the best positions aren't even advertised. If you don't have connections you might struggle.

Will do. Thank you! Don't worry, I don't think I can qualified while being a stranger in Japan, but maybe a chat with a professor in Tokyo University and Minister of Health, then maybe it good enough for me knowing that I am making alternative accomplishment for Japan. It could help special people in Japan.

That video is about fake internships in Hiroshima fishing industry. Are you from a developing country trying to make a better life for you & your family?
If in your "research" you ran across videos of women being shamed in the office by Japanese pulling out their penis' in a group that also may not be relevant to you.

Well, I was asking for thought. It is wise to keep an open mind and find out from other. Remember! The love of money is the root of all evil. If you aren't aware of human trafficking, you should do research and tell me if it happen in Japan or not. If so, together we may find truth on this matter.

My username "sage", definition is wisdom. I can't grow wisdom alone without my senses. As I guide through time, I'll use my brain to think, adapt, use sounds judgement, and ponder whatever on my mind, my ears to listen to my surrounding as I walk, from the lessons that I will learn, guide my hand to research and protect myself, and my eyes to read, observe, and copy to the best of my ability.

I have asked my father, the question. If I grew rich and wealthy, will you be happy? "Yes." He replied. So, you see, sir, I'll do what I can to grow my personal wealth while educating myself to make better life. My mother and grandma are already getting help from me. However, their home is not my own because I have my own to look after.

Thank you so much! If you have more question or comment, please ask.

In addition to the above, it seems you place higher value in motivation and empowerment than in logics and common sense.
You'll need a better balance of each if you want to have some good outcomes.

I have all of it, but I think you may have confuse logic and common sense with social skill. Social skill is what I am working on. You have my respect and manner. Not everyone's common sense or logic are equal. You and I can have some disagreement, but, if we can find the middle ground then together we can achieve more!

Thank you!