7/12/10 - Forum News

TAG Administrator

TAG Member
Reaction score
All:

Today, I would like to share a couple of notes with you about things happening around us:

1) The Tapatalk iPhone application has been updated to work with iOS4, the latest version of the iPhone OS that works on iPhone 3G, 3GS & 4. Please visit the Apple Application store to get your updated application if you have not already. If you do not have an iPhone, be sure to check out the other Tapatalk applications that are being released for Blackberry, Android or Nokia mobile smart phones. (http://www.tapatalk.com).

2) The Tokyo Adult Guide forum has implemented a strong anti-spam countermeasure as of June 2010. I will not go into specifics as to what exactly these countermeasures are but what I will say is that this is a very powerful tool that has stopped over 200 known spammers from registering and/or posting 'junk' on this forum. Sadly, as with any strong security system, one side effect does exist. In some rare cases, a regular forum user may find themselves using an IP address that was once used by a known spammer and therefore is blocked from registering. If this happens to you, please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page to let us know and we will clear your address or email address from our spammer database so that you may register. The user account team will handle your request promptly after you have submitted the notice.

3) Most common complaint: "Your home page is useless!" Yes, we are very, very aware of this and I do apologize that we have not taken action on this item as of yet. Please rest assured that we are working on a plan to swap out our dull, useless portal page for something much more useful. We value and appreciate ALL feedback received. If we have not responded to your message personally, please understand that we may not have the time to respond to each message. Please understand that it's not ignored, we do read each message and each complaint or suggestion is entered into a tracking system so that a plan can be developed on how resolve all issues in a fair manner.

4) Second most common complaint: "Your site lacks real content." Here again, we are aware of this and we do appreciate the valuable contents. All great sites start out slow, which is all I can really say about this at this point in time. We have a lot of visitors stopping by and even registering, but the actual number of people participating in threads or in any capacity, is very slim. So, I invite all of you to create new threads with new discussions and join in on our ongoing discussions that are already in progress.

5) Lastly, I would like to extend a warm thank you to our existing staff members for your help in organizing and keeping things going up to this point. Your dedication is greatly appreciated. In order to show the appreciation to our founding staff members, we will be issuing a special badge to everyone who was a founding staff member. (Those who joined our team within the first six months of the site launch date.) But, wait! That's not all! Regular members that join by December 31, 2010 and make 500 posts, threads or any combination of the two will also be eligible for a special badge as well! More details will be revealed at a later date as to what it means to a part of the "Founder's Club".

Thank you for your kind attention for this news item. We hope that you will stick with us and enjoy the company of people we try and bring together here at the Tokyo Adult Guide.

With Kind Regards,

Eliah
TAG Administration