@john.smith - I am not denying that people acting in their own interests is a powerful "axiom" for understanding a lot of human behavior. Clearly it is.

All I'm saying is that it isn't an *absolute* 100% accurate all the time and entirely complete rule or guide. People and especially there interactions aren't that simple; patterns of behavior have their exceptions with people (and most other "higher" animals too). This statement would not be considered controversial by most psychologists or sociologists. Classical economics is based on the principle that people (sometimes called "economic decision makers") *always* act in their own self-interest, but even in this restricted realm where the idea/"axiom" seems almost self-evident, it has been shown to fail in many real world cases. (The work earned a Nobel Prize in economics in fact.)

My point, in other words, is that you can understand people better if you don't oversimplify them. Altruism, including very extreme forms of altruism, is so well documented and established scientifically that studying it is a small but active research area of its own. There are even brain structure differences and activity in different lobes of the brain (particularly the amygdala, for example see http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ltruism-good-deeds-may-be-rooted-in-the-brain) associated with selfish and altruistic behavior, strongly suggesting that they are fundamentally different forms/motivations of behavior.

Btw, I think Christians are a particularly bad group in which to consider sacrifice and altruism because of their belief in reward and punishment in the afterlife. It means that one can always attribute a sacrifice or altruistic deed to self interest in afterlife outcomes, whether or not that is the actual motivation...makes everything ambiguous.

And to make a small, half-step back towards the thread's topic; let me end by recommending a relevant *book* (though not exactly a sex manual):

https://play.google.com/store/books...US&gclid=CIj638Hvv8kCFYWaNwod-YIJnw&gclsrc=ds

-Ww

Back to the original topic... The mango scene in 'The Death of Vishnu', which I replicated with the first JK-Style gal I enjoyed.

every guy who has a sister, her Cosmo is good for two things:

1. jacking off to hot celebrity's cleavage
2. random tips on what turns women on
Cosmo is terrible for jacking off for anybody over 18, probably for teenagers too. This is the age of the Internet.

Takes about 3 seconds and the right words, on almost any search engine, to see far more interesting pictures.

Three blogs that became books:
Girl on the Net: My Not-So-Shameful Sex Secrets [I rather liked this]
Abby Lee: Girl with a one-track mind [this less so]
Belle de Jour: Secret Diary of a Call Girl [I didn't like this much, however I loved Dr Brooke Magnanti's The Sex Myth: her science is much better than her (semi)fiction]

Manuals, I tend to dislike since I am forever cursing them for some error or thing I'd do differently but apparently Tristan Taormino is good.
Beginners' guides to fetish: The new Topping book/The new Bottoming book are not terrible, Playing with Others (Lee Harrington and Mollena) is fine.

An alternative to FSOG (disclaimer, I was given free copies) is the Eighty Days Yellow series by Vina Green. I wouldn't actually recommend anyone read Fifty Shades, I thought it laughably appalling (and indeed would not have read it out of choice per se, I was paid to do so).

Erotica, I tend to go for collections or online, but I like Scarlett French, her writing is beautiful.

I wouldn't actually recommend anyone read Fifty Shades, I thought it laughably appalling

I wholeheartedly concur. It was both astonishingly badly written AND displayed a shocking ignorance of BDSM lifestyle and practice.

The Marketplace series by Laura Antoniou is much better reading if you want BDSM fiction.

Bit different, but Erica Jong, 'Fear of Flying' and 'Fanny'.