Guest viewing is limited

Abandoned Suit in Park

Nosophobia2017

TAG Member
Reaction score
Today I was walking around Tokyo and I stumbled upon a suit that looked new and expensive discarded in the hedges. Even an old Japanese woman had thoughts of wonderment as to why someone would do that. So what do you all think might be the reason? My first guess is it blew off a balcony, but from where I had no real idea as the balconies were on the opposite side of the park itself.

Reactions: TheScientist
... and what is your guess about this?
(Pic. is from my twitter account)

Attachments

• IMG_8469.PNG
    IMG_8469.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
Didn't take a picture but I saw a whole head of cabbage left on top of a utility box on Sunday, looked perfectly good... but just left to the elements.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
That's a traditional offering to 電気神様 I figured you lived here long enough to know by now.
If that were actually true, it falls into the 'silly Japan knowledge that doesn't benefit me...' category.

If that were actually true, it falls into the 'silly Japan knowledge that doesn't benefit me...' category.

Would not benefit you? How about protecting your computer gear from spikes and stuff? I had my car blessed at a temple, I should know! Later in life it developed all kinds of electrical problems, but that's totally my fault as I forgot the cabbage!

nobody puts a well tailored (expensive) suit to dry in a balcony.

maybe he had a Kusanagi-like event ... which fits Sudy's post ;-)
With the new washer machines and a special detergent one could make such a guess. Nowadays you can wash an expensive suit. In fact dry cleaning might be misunderstood. After watching how suits are actually cleaned, I got this idea. After imagining a real cheap salaryman, I really, really thought this suit blew off a balcony somehow. I can’t imagine someone just tossing it. But I could be wrong because I don’t understand 90 percent of Japan. Food offerings are just wasting food to me. Offering up a suit to a bush is way beyond my brain power. Now offering up a suit for some bush that I could understand. That might be a fair trade. Well, I would have taken a picture but I didn’t have my phone. I need to buy a camera and photograph the weird stuff I see.

With the new washer machines and a special detergent one could make such a guess. Nowadays you can wash an expensive suit. In fact dry cleaning might be misunderstood. After watching how suits are actually cleaned, I got this idea. After imagining a real cheap salaryman, I really, really thought this suit blew off a balcony somehow. I can’t imagine someone just tossing it. But I could be wrong because I don’t understand 90 percent of Japan. Food offerings are just wasting food to me. Offering up a suit to a bush is way beyond my brain power. Now offering up a suit for some bush that I could understand. That might be a fair trade. Well, I would have taken a picture but I didn’t have my phone. I need to buy a camera and photograph the weird stuff I see.
Well, if he is a cheap salaryman it wouldn't be a nice suit, right?

My personal guess is he got naked in the park when partying and then woke up somewhere else and couldn't find his suits.

I mean cheap as in too cheap to go to the cleaners. You know there are those that have lots of money and rat out stuff. I can’t Imagine your idea either.

Oh but this happens A LOT with salarymen.
Not with suits usually but you often find business style shoes near Shinjuku station, or drunk guys sleeping with one shoe on.

No shame in admitting it - one time I managed to arrive home with my attache case and my hat and no other clothing except my skivvies. Thankfully my wallet and phone and cufflinks were in the attache.

To this day no idea what happened to my suit, shoes, and belt. Or why.

We drank a lot at that company.

I’m sorry for my lack of imagination! Maybe it’s because even if I have been drunk out of my mind, I’ve never lost my main attire. I could understand leaving a hat behind or a bag or something, but anything more I just got to wonder. We are supposing this was a drunk, but only supposing. I guess I’ll be left to guess.

1. Drunkard, rich one no doubt
2. Angry wife/girlfriend
3. Madman
4. Strange way of giving

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Put a spoiler alert on that, geez!

What, you STILL haven't seen the prequels?
Obi-wan
Yoda
Vader in the re-cut
It seems to be pretty common.

Now if I would have mentioned Daisy Ridley topless that would have been a spoiler.

What, you STILL haven't seen the prequels?
Obi-wan
Yoda
Vader in the re-cut
It seems to be pretty common.

Now if I would have mentioned Daisy Ridley topless that would have been a spoiler.

<Spoiler Alert>
Obi-wan died in desperation.
Yoda died with worry about if Luke could face Darth Vader again.
Vader died in pain.

So obviously you are referring to someone else.

Daisy Ridley has been topless as a corpse on a British TV show. Quite the scandal and I'm surprised Disney didn't catch that before they hired her.

Daisy Ridley has been topless as a corpse on a British TV show. Quite the scandal and I'm surprised Disney didn't catch that before they hired her.

I'm sure someone at Disney watched every minute of footage she was ever in as part of their due diligence. The reviewer probably saw her sexy corpse and was like "that's the one we want!" Lol