Absinthe

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Had my first shot (68%) of the stuff tonight and DAAAAMN!!!
I've never gotten so high with feelings of happiness before.
I was in lala land and smiling all the way home on the train.

I can see why this stuff used to be banned for being potentially linked to
visions and crazy behavior.

I've had Chinese liquor (baiju) before so I'm not a rookie to strong stuff,
but the herbs in this shit are the bomb!

I will be recommending the bar I got it at to all my co-workers now.
I never knew you could get so high just from one shot.

Didn't they change the formula so it would be less dangerous/unhealthy?

How did it taste? Does it burn?

I'm really interested in trying this now. :)

The taste and aroma are very nice. It's not as strong as jaegermeister and is more flowery. It has some hints of licorice.
Due to the alcohol content, there is a small burn but I stopped noticing it when I only took small sips.

I've gotten drunk before from hard liquor, but this time it was with feelings of joy and happiness, like those parts of my brain
where triggered by the stuff.

Yes, they changed the formula so there would be less contents of the herbs, but it's still powerful stuff.
It totally helps you to reset your mind after a tiring day.

Had my first shot (68%) of the stuff tonight and DAAAAMN!!!
I've never gotten so high with feelings of happiness before.
I was in lala land and smiling all the way home on the train.

I can see why this stuff used to be banned for being potentially linked to
visions and crazy behavior.

I've had Chinese liquor (baiju) before so I'm not a rookie to strong stuff,
but the herbs in this shit are the bomb!

I will be recommending the bar I got it at to all my co-workers now.
I never knew you could get so high just from one shot.
You realize you are not supposed to shot it right? I bought a bottle a few years to add to my liquor collection but I found it almost undrinkable.
I'll stick with my Lemon Hart 151 75.5% rum, that one is delicious with just some ice.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Ah, ah, I remember drinking it once in Paris after it got legalized again (it was already legal in the U.S though, great absinthe bars in New Orleans for instance). The waitress told me half-jokingly "you know it can drive you mad?" I just replied "oh well that would be an improvement then...". From what I've read it was never really that dangerous anyway, except if poorly made and in large quantities , like any alcohol really.

Didn't they change the formula so it would be less dangerous/unhealthy?

It depends on where you got it from. The supposedly active ingredient is wormwood (artemisia absinthium) which is also where it gets its name, and while it's banned in some countries, it's perfectly legal in others.

The danger from absinthe isn't the wormwood, even when you get some that has it, it's the high potency masked by the taste - people get absolutely wasted on the stuff without realising it.

I used to drink a LOT of absinthe.... :D

I drink deeply from the cup of life, and I suggest you do, too - enjoy absinthe as a novice or a regular with Kayama-San over at Bar Ben Fiddich.

There are a dozen reviews of how refined and exquisite this small bar is, but ultimately his hospitality and sense of space allows you to find out whether you like or don't like it and still enjoy the experience all the same. Great place.