Accidentally booked a hotel room for 2 guests. I'm going solo though. Will this be an issue?

Icyblu

TAG Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right area to post this but.....

I am going to visit Tokyo later this year. While organizing everything for my spreadsheet today, I noticed that I booked my Tokyo room for 2 guests. Will this be a problem? I booked this room way back January via Expedia and got a good deal for it. Checked today and the hotel is booked out.

When I travelled in Japan in the past with a group, we all had to present our passports at the check-in counter. Thanks in advance for your input.

Booked 2 many times never have problem going solo.. you can tell them
1. you are solo
2. the second guest arrive later
case 2 they do tell you when the 2 guest arrived to bring the 2nd passport to front desk, but most lkely no one will follow up

Reactions: Icyblu
Thanks everyone! I prepaid for the room back in January. This was back when Japan recently opened up for tourism and the Yen was weak, so the deals were too good to pass up. I'll just stick with my reservation.

in homecountry I prefer to book for two when there is no breakfast since the price for 2 and 1 person is usually the same.

In Japan I think that also the same regarding room price for 1 vs 2. Extra towels and amenities are nice just in case someone come for visit.

Reactions: Alice and Icyblu
I usually check to see if it’s an extra charge. In Japan, it usually has not been an extra charge. Maybe it was the app I was using but the price was the same. I like the extra towels.

Reactions: Alice and Icyblu