Airport Heaven

toner935

TAG Member
Reaction score
What do you do when your airline gives you the "gift" of 4 more hours at the airport?? I am spending my time at least for now posting on TAG. Any better ideas??

I always have something to watch on my laptop for this kind of situations.

Depending on the airport it can sometimes be quite challenging to find some place to plug in your laptop for power. I think one of the most horrible places where I had to kill time was Kuala Lumpur

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Depending on the airport it can sometimes be quite challenging to find some place to plug in your laptop for power. I think one of the most horrible places where I had to kill time was Kuala Lumpur
never been in Malaysia but I have a helpfull multiadapter for every type of plug. I had to buy it cause there is no direct plane from my country to Japan and I don't always change port in the same country.

I just checked and Malaysia have a G plug just like Qatar where I changed port last time and used my adapter.

here is the adapter I use :

Universal-Power-converter-adapter-font-b-UK-b-font-EU-US-AU-font-b-plugs-b.jpg

I got it for around 400 yen in my country

Eating? I know you can't spend the whole 4 hours on it, but so many eateries by boarding gates these days, like Terminal 4 of JFK.

Reactions: Manami TMK
Singapore Changi is pretty fantastic. I highly recommend getting stuck there for a few hours.

Reactions: MikeH
here is the adapter I use :

Universal-Power-converter-adapter-font-b-UK-b-font-EU-US-AU-font-b-plugs-b.jpg

I got it for around 400 yen in my country

First step is finding an accessible power plug, then one can think about using an adapter.
In my memory in Malaysia those were very sparse. In addition a free WiFi was lacking and relax zones with comfortable chairs were lacking too.
Unfortunately not every airport is like Singapore or Incheon ;)

Not an ideal choice of words in the context of air travel! :eek:

-Ww
reminded me of a friend reaction when he took a plane for Australia and heard "thank you for choosing our company today" with the Australian accent it sounded like "thank you for choosing our company to die"
he traveled on a 10th September, a few hours later the story would have been more interesting :ROFLMAO:

Hoping that I'' stuck in Incheon since there a bunch of things to do there...

If not, AMEX gives you access to several Airport Lounges (y)

You could always call DH and spend that hours in the transit hotel in the airport! :p

reminded me of a friend reaction when he took a plane for Australia and heard "thank you for choosing our company today" with the Australian accent it sounded like "thank you for choosing our company to die"

OT: I used that joke at one time but nobody gets it /sad. I guess it's hard when spoken than on paper/text.

he traveled on a 10th September, a few hours later the story would have been more interesting :ROFLMAO:

I used work with a dopey old salaryman who used to come out with the 'to die' story at every available opportunity. It was the only 'material' he had to impress people verbally.

I am surprised someone didn't lay him out after the 100th rendition of his 'anecdote'.

Hate Los Angeles airport with only 45mins of free WiFi.

When you get bored with the Internet, people watching is always fun.