Guest viewing is limited

Alerts

iamyuu

TAG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this shouldn't go here.
Since the latest maintenance, I don't seem to be getting anymore "Alerts" or notifications on replies or likes to my posts/threads or threads I posted on.

Sorry if this shouldn't go here.
Since the latest maintenance, I don't seem to be getting anymore "Alerts" or notifications on replies or likes to my posts/threads or threads I posted on.

I'll check your activity, but there are certain rules in place about last activity and when you stop getting alerts.

Thanks for your report. I will follow-up here again later. (In this case, please tell me if you get an alert for this reply)

Thanks!

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Yeah, got the alert for this :)

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Yeah, got the alert for this :)

Ok, good... here's what I think is happening:

> Alerts are sent one time and if you don't view the thread or post at the time of the alert, then it doesn't send another alert until you read the thread or post.
> User mentions are always shown.
> Watched threads (where you didn't reply) function the same as the first line, it's the same mechanism.

We can't afford the system resource to send alerts to all who need it on each post. So, by default, we send one alert and then you need to view the content that caused the alert before it will send you a new alert. We have it set so you can see your alert history for a reasonable time period. (https://tokyoadultguide.com/account/alerts)

I hope this clears up your understanding. Of course, if you still believe there are missing alerts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks!

> Alerts are sent one time and if you don't view the thread or post at the time of the alert, then it doesn't send another alert until you read the thread or post.

I see. This may be the case for me. Had thought that I would always get alerts for threads that I started, for example "Premium Friday". Didn't get an alert when say Alice posted there recently, but that was because I didn't read the thread when others say like Yuriko posted there before.

Thanks (y)