Guest viewing is limited

American Thanksgiving in Tokyo?

impish

TAG Member
Reaction score
Now that Halloween is almost in the bag, it's time to think about my 2nd favorite holiday. I've been here for roughly 8 years. In the past, I have usually gone to the Hard Rock Cafe during the week of Thanksgiving and grabbed a few dinners to go, putting one in the freezer for Christmas. Last year I went with friends and one of the friend's dinner showed up at the table with a pink coloring to it. It didn't look undercooked, but it didn't look appetizing either. This year I am looking for an alternative location to get Thanksgiving dinner without breaking the bank. Hardrock was $35, I'd like to keep it no more than $50/plate. I've already done the Googling and seen some places from past online articles, but what I want are recommendations.

Just curious - do they serve turkey in Japan? I don't remember seeing it on a menu at any restaurant or at any baikingu we've been to.

If you can wait till December, What the dickens in Ebisu has it every night till Xmas and it's quite delicious and not expensive.

Just curious - do they serve turkey in Japan? I don't remember seeing it on a menu at any restaurant or at any baikingu we've been to.

Many restaurants each year will serve Turkey for the 4 days of Thanksgiving Weekend. That is the only time I've found it on a menu here in Japan.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Up until recently, you could order a cooked and sliced turkey as well as ham, which was imported from the states by a local vendor.
Sadly though, they went out of business earlier this year. They had a pretty good run for the years they were here... but I suppose the demand just wasn't high enough to keep going.

You can get Turkey sandwhiches fairly easily and some outlets carry Turkey (whole). As mentioned already, some places serve a thanksgiving dinner.

If anyone knows the Soul Food place in Azabu, they usually have a thanksgiving dinner plan that you can reserve on the day they do it.
It's pretty fantastic if you can get a spot. Looks like some of it's sold out already but they are serving for three days (11/28, 29 and 30.) 5pm, 7pm and 9pm slots on each day.
https://soulfoodhouse.com/ (see the Thanksgiving Dinner pane on the front page.)

Oak Door
Hyatt Roppongi Hills
If you have to ask about the price, you can't afford it.

T.Y.Harbor
Shinagawa
Decently not terrible food for the price

Soulfood
Azabu
As mentioned, legit. Good luck getting a reservation

Union Square
Midtown
See Oak Door comment

Lawrys
Where's it moved to?
I mean...I guess it doesn't suck?

T.Y.Harbor
Shinagawa
Haven't been there in ages, but did go there one time a few years back for their Thanksgiving thing, wasn't bad at all.
It's just out of the way and I don't get to that area hardly at all.

Oak Door
Hyatt Roppongi Hills
If you have to ask about the price, you can't afford it.

T.Y.Harbor
Shinagawa

Soulfood
Azabu
As mentioned, legit. Good luck getting a reservation

Union Square
Midtown
See Oak Door comment

Lawrys
Where's it moved to?
I mean...I guess it doesn't suck?
All over priced..........imho

Yeah, I had friends from back home who coincidentally got stationed in Yokosuka 2 years after I moved to Japan. It was bliss because anytime I wanted something from the commissary I'd just make plans with them. We'd go on base, they'd go buy good, I'd go into the PX and grab other stuff. Then head out to the Dunkin Donuts and grab some donuts. Now they are back in the states, and well now mom ships me things...

Reactions: SugoiBoy