Guest viewing is limited

Anime

psd

TAG Member
Reaction score
I don't participate in any other forums so I'll ask here ...
A friend recently recommended デキる猫は今日も憂鬱, Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today. I don't watch much TV or movies but I'm blown away by the the animation. The detail in the images like the one below is amazing, look at the way the light is different on each glass panel of the balconies. This image is reused with different scenarios, night, rain etc I'm sure people can guess, but does anyone know how this is done? Is it a digitalization of a real photo?
My friend also asked how popular anime is in Japan. This show is on TV at 3am on Saturday morning so it can't be particularly popular.

1692061398282.png

Reactions: Alice
Lol, that's an oddly specific question for an adult forum 🤣

Didn't know the anime but checked some videos. For me it looks like most backgrounds of this one are 3D models. In some scenes it is hard to tell, but for example in her appartment it is pretty obvious.
Makes it easy to render them in different angles or with different lighting and gives them this clean hi-res look.

This image is reused with different scenarios, night, rain etc I'm sure people can guess, but does anyone know how this is done? Is it a digitalization of a real photo?

The studio behind this show is known for its use (and abuse) of purely digital techniques. In this case, it's all 3D rendered, possibly with dozens of filters on top.

My friend also asked how popular anime is in Japan. This show is on TV at 3am on Saturday morning so it can't be particularly popular.

Anime in general is very popular. Most famous anime are the ones that air during the day, either aimed at kids or based on extremely popular manga (i.e. One Piece). Late night anime are way more niche, but that doesn't make them less popular, particularly with the advent of streaming services: I've seen way too many people in public transportation watching Anime, even stuff that we would consider Late Night Anime.

Reactions: uchimura and Alice