Annai ba! Free information centers.

Majora

TAG Member
Reaction score
I just started walking in Kabukicho and accepted all the touts invitations into their information centers, for science. I was playing the dumb Japaneseless gaijin. They certainly don’t rip you off, but they don’t immediately offer you good deals. Most of them don’t take rejection well. They get pushy and mumble some rude things as you leave. I guess they can get you into some places but if you speak a little Japanese, trying the shop directly may be better. I’ll update if notice something new.

It's pronounced annaijo, fwiw.

They get commission on any referrals, and that's all the pay they get, so so getting information from them and then bypassing them to go to the shop directly is kind of a dick move.

They always try to put you a girl from the shop where offers them higher commission so it is not guaranteed that you always get the best deal from them or get a girl that really matches to your preferred type.

When I was working for a Japanese agency, I was sometimes told by the manager that this client was passed from Annaijo. I am not sure why they had to tell me where they came from? The rate I got from a shop remains the same.

It's pronounced annaijo, fwiw.

They get commission on any referrals, and that's all the pay they get, so so getting information from them and then bypassing them to go to the shop directly is kind of a dick move.

Thanks! I didn’t mean go, get info and pass, I was mostly asking prices and seeing how they treat customers overall, if they don’t speak Japanese. Going in finding out they don’t have any real discounts and walking out, don’t all businesses work like that? You go to a travel agent ask a bunch of questions and then check online, you buy the best deal. You can get all the info you need online. But in general terms they’re not that friendly to a 0 Japanese foreigner. (Ofc my sample size and condition were limited) They also charge way more than what some shops advertise on their signs outside, and I‘m pretty sure they only do this to Gaijin, which is kind of a dick move.

They also charge way more than what some shops advertise on their signs outside, and I‘m pretty sure they only do this to Gaijin, which is kind of a dick move.

Don't forget that the shops themselves may have gaijin tax.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Yes, I got that part but there is no change at my side after all.
They wanted me to provide better service or just ok service or what?
Meant to say maybe they meant you don’t have to be too nice to that one but now I’m unsure of the idea.

Reactions: Manami TMK
Meant to say maybe they meant you don’t have to be too nice to that one but now I’m unsure of the idea.
Well if the guy becomes a repeater, the shop will get the same cut as for other guys so i think it would still benefit them if the girl is nice.

Reactions: Manami TMK