Another advice....some more advice

Kevin06

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

The time has come again for my second trip to Japan....during my last trip in May...all the advices and suggestions that I received in this forum helped me a lot...starting from renting a cell phone in the airport to the service of Manami (TMK) and Ai (AM).

I have contacted both AM and TMK and have expressed my intentions of using their service again...so far as AM is concerned I am thinking of either Natsu or Kumi....

I had also contacted Manami...but my interactions with her organizations has left me in a foul mood. I had asked Manami in my email whether there were any special rates for repeat customers (should have checked her website).....and then also had requested whether it was possible to waive the additional cost for seeing her outside Tokyo...since last time she had mentioned that it was very easy to get to my hotel via train...(and of course....the economy is not doing great....). She could have just said that the rates are firm...but instead I received a long letter from her organization...saying that Manami will not offer her service, since I had tried to negotiate prices.....

I was shocked by this email...I was very curteous and professional in my emails...and had only made a request.....the email also hinted at ethnicity and culture .....

Manami may be great...so far as service is concerned\(i gave her good reviews)...but if this is the attitude towards her client.....I would refrain from her service. I would also like to add that I received the email not from Manami but from her manager

I had received excellent advice from this forum so wanted to share this with you guys.....ant advice would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long email

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks for your post...

Sorry to say, your mistake with Manami was that you negotiated. That's a number one reason to be rejected from any of these agencies. Her site clearly states that rates are non-negotiable. Manami does have a business manager to deal with business matters and clients that cause problems. Just because she's independent from an agency, doesn't mean she will adjust her prices for you.

What exactly was the part about ethnicity and culture?

If you disrepected Manami by asking for discounts, then I think you got what you deserved. I'm sorry to say...

As far as AM goes, just to give you a heads up: don't mention a discount or neogiate with them either. Also, Kumi left AM some time ago.

Let us know how things work out!

Hi Kevin06! Sorry to hear about your experience. It's probably just best to move on but let this serve as a reminder to others that prices are set for a reason. :)

The ethnic/culture thing; I will tell you this... I work with some folks from India here in Tokyo and they try to negotiate EVERYTHING. If there's a cheaper way to do something, they will surely be the ones to find it. Don't get me wrong, they are great guys and do a a bang up job at what they do. It's just annoying when they try to haggle over the price of a 500yen bento. I remember visiting some southeast Asian countries where negotiation of prices was very commonplace.

One last point; you made a comment about her attitude towards her clients... you said the mail came from her business manager, sounds like they cut you off from Manami... not her. You should be able to tell by the style of writing...

Good luck with AM -- You should really go for Asuka or Aki, should be good with those. Safe Travels!

Guys:

Thanks for the input. I was looking forward to my appointment with Manami....I was not trying to negotiate her rates....just a request for the transportation fee.....anyways...what is done is done...

I would still like to meet her... I hope she changes her mind...I travel frequently to Japan...and would like to keep up the dates with Manami...

I will let u know if she agrees to meet me.....

SO far as AM is concerned, I was thinking of Natsu...but have not yet made my appointment...will do it later...once the schedule is finalized

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I was looking forward to my appointment with Manami....I was not trying to negotiate her rates....just a request for the transportation fee.....anyways...what is done is done...

I would still like to meet her... I hope she changes her mind...I travel frequently to Japan...and would like to keep up the dates with Manami...

I will let u know if she agrees to meet me.....

Well, good luck with that. I think once you've offended her, it's over and done. If she changes her mind, please do update us.

Kevin06 said:
SO far as AM is concerned, I was thinking of Natsu...but have not yet made my appointment...will do it later...once the schedule is finalized

It seems that AM has added some new girls, be sure to check them out as well.

Tokyospirit:

I agree.....no luck with Manami. I had been so nice to her..:)

Anyways, besides Natsu and Ai...anyone from AM that you would recommend...I have already tried Ai....so was thinking of Natsu....