Any options in Nagoya for a non Japanese speaker?

Hi, I’m sorry that I’m not of more specific help, but see how far Brazilian service in Sakae will get you. I found out that area fruitful. I didn’t find it directly, though. I got the crossed hands once from a half Brazilian dude in Nagoya proper, informing me that the place was for Japanese clientele only, and asked “so where should I go, if not here?” He walked me over about two blocks and it was fine from there.

The website you link is entirely in Japanese.......did you read my post heading.......no Japanese !!!

The website you link is entirely in Japanese.......did you read my post heading.......no Japanese !!!
If that’s the way you’re going to respond when people try to help you, don’t expect to get a lot of help.

The Ikeda Koen area (the flipside to the Japanese only area around Nishiki) tends to have a few options, but they get pricy as all hell as they are lady drink driven. There are some absolutely gorgeous South Americans over there tho, and they can be very liberal.

If that’s the way you’re going to respond when people try to help you, don’t expect to get a lot of help.
Be really nice to your hand then, you're gonna need it

Sonofabitch, my beer buzz is ruined from laughing at your comment.

But seriously, with a personality like that, do any of us REALLY want this guy showing up at a quality establishment and acting like the stereotypical gaijin tourist asshole???

OP, unlike these petty fools, I DO know of a magical place in Nagoya. Just click here and all of your dreams will come true. Be sure to purchase the most expensive course you can afford. It'll be worth it.

OP, unlike these petty fools, I DO know of a magical place in Nagoya. Just click here and all of your dreams will come true. Be sure to purchase the most expensive course you can afford. It'll be worth it.

The "system" of this place appears to be more intricate than the specs of my computer. @chikan, could you give me a one paragraph rundown on the establishment? I am in Motor City on occasion ...

EDIT: Never mind, you are a wicked man.

Sonofabitch, my beer buzz is ruined from laughing at your comment.

But seriously, with a personality like that, do any of us REALLY want this guy showing up at a quality establishment and acting like the stereotypical gaijin tourist asshole???

Hey what did he say about Japanese? No Japanese websites, it’s too difficult and he’s in no mood to learn how to read it, or learn a few phrases in Japanese. We’re Americans. Everyone should learn English and accommodate our needs. Because, we’re Americans.

All jokes aside, he prefers to see only drop dead gorgeous Japanese women and doesn’t want to pay more than 10,000 yen. And they need to be able to communicate in English. Adjusting to other cultures is too much of a hassle for we Americans.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Hey what did he say about Japanese? No Japanese websites, it’s too difficult and he’s in no mood to learn how to read it, or learn a few phrases in Japanese. We’re Americans. Everyone should learn English and accommodate our needs. Because, we’re Americans.

All jokes aside, he prefers to see only drop dead gorgeous Japanese women and doesn’t want to pay more than 10,000 yen. And they need to be able to communicate in English. Adjusting to other cultures is too much of a hassle for we Americans.

Well, I'm American and I take the time to learn some Japanese and cultures. You are in Japan so take 5 min of your day to learn some phrases. By the end of the week, you could learn a couple of sentences. Americans like you make the world hate Americans and it pisses me off because I get associated to people like you. If you don't want to learn, please leave this wonderful country!

Well, I'm American and I take the time to learn some Japanese and cultures. You are in Japan so take 5 min of your day to learn some phrases. By the end of the week, you could learn a couple of sentences. Americans like you make the world hate Americans and it pisses me off because I get associated to people like you. If you don't want to learn, please leave this wonderful country!

Ummm... you not had your morning java yet? The sarcasm from @Spartacus77's post was so heavy you could use it to weigh down a tarpaulin in a typhoon....

Americans like you make the world hate Americans and it pisses me off because I get associated to people like you.
Lmao. The man was kidding bruh. Pretty sure he even speaks some Japanese.

Reactions: scrying
he prefers to see only drop dead gorgeous Japanese women and doesn’t want to pay more than 10,000 yen. And they need to be able to communicate in English.

Sounds like the perfect customer for a tout in Kabukicho.

Reactions: Ojaysee and Lukes
Ummm... you not had your morning java yet? The sarcasm from @Spartacus77's post was so heavy you could use it to weigh down a tarpaulin in a typhoon....

Yeah, I was still waking up, but I have seen those types around so I guess it just pushed one of my buttons too. My Japanese is pretty bad, but I do try to give some effort to speak or understand it.

Reactions: MikeH and Sudsy
Yeah, I was still waking up, but I have seen those types around so I guess it just pushed one of my buttons too.

But if we didn't have those guys around I would actually have to make an effort to mock our unwashed friends from over the big water.

Reactions: DireWolf98

Dude I was joking. I guess my sarcasm didn’t translate well. I was trying to mimic what the rest of the world considers an “ugly American.” Mastering Japanese is difficult, but I know a few phrases. I can occasionally figure out what someone is telling me in spoken Japanese, but can’t always respond beyond wakaru, wakaru. Reading and writing in nihongo is probably beyond my capabilities, aside from simple hirigana. I’m better at Romaji, but I’ve come to learn that isn’t commonly used in Japan.

And I’m from Honolulu, which is technically part of America, but we have a stronger affinity with Asia than North America. The majority of the population in Hawaii is ethnic Asian with Japanese-Americans a dominant demographic group. We in Hawaii are generally the polar opposite of your typical “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) Trump supporter.

In the future I’ll lay off the sarcasm.

Last edited:
Dude I was joking. I guess my sarcasm didn’t translate well. I was trying to mimic what the rest of the world considers an “ugly American.” Mastering Japanese is difficult, but I know a few phrases. I can occasionally figure out what someone is telling me in spoken Japanese, but can’t always respond beyond wakaru, wakaru. Reading and writing in nihongo is probably beyond my capabilities, aside from simple hirigana. I’m better at Romaji, but I’ve come to learn that isn’t commonly used in Japan.

And I’m from Honolulu, which is technically part of America, but we have a stronger affinity with Asia than North America. The majority of the population in Hawaii is ethnic Asian with Japanese-Americans a dominant demographic group. We in Hawaii are generally the polar opposite of your typical “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) Trump supporter.

In the future I’ll lay off the sarcasm.

You don't have to lay off the sarcasm. It was early here and I was just getting out of bed. It is true that a lot of Americans here do exactly what you wrote so it just hit a button inside me. It's all good.

What is the fun in that?

As it says in @just4fun's signature :"Sarcasm: the body's natural defense against stupidity." :D
Mark Twain built at least part of his brilliant career on sarcasm. Great works aside, some of my favorite quotes are:

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt"

Reactions: just4fun and MikeH