Anyone Been To The Ghibli Museum?

Brings out the inner child in you.

Great visit if you're a fan or not of Miyazaki. Can be noisy at times because of all the kids. They're closed until 7/15 for renovations.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You need to book tickets in advance online, there are none available at the door. The tickets for the next month go on sale on a specific day and all weekend dates are usually snapped up within 24 hours.

Ive been trying (half heartedly) to get tickets for a while now. I believe you can only get them at Lawsons in Japan and you have to get to the loppi machine at midnight of the day before the first to have any chance of getting a ticket in the next 3 months. I believe you can get them abroad but they are a little more expensive.

Ive been trying (half heartedly) to get tickets for a while now. I believe you can only get them at Lawsons in Japan and you have to get to the loppi machine at midnight of the day before the first to have any chance of getting a ticket in the next 3 months. I believe you can get them abroad but they are a little more expensive.

All correct. There are instructuons on how to use the loppi machine in the Lawson website. A bit outdated though. Last time I bought tickets fpr Ghibli, the machine required me to input my name!

There is also a "helper" website that helps you get the 1000yen ticket for 6000yen. Tsk tsk.