Guest viewing is limited

Anyone ever have Spousal Visa revoked?

When are you going to get it through your head that Japanese people generally don’t know the first thing about immigration? It’s the one government agency they likely will never need to deal with even once in their lives.

Also - she’s clearly into you and trying to keep her hooks in.

Well, you have a point and I will go a step further and say that even the Japanese people working at the immigration office don't know what the fuck they are doing either. :D

Yes, I guess I'm a popular guy and I know this roommate likes me and wants me to keep living here. She knows that I will never marry her or be in a serious relationship with her and she has agreed to understanding this.

The interview for that agriculture job ended up being like 3 1/2 hours. One of the lower bosses called the main boss into the room to meet me. He was this older man that was super talkative and fascinated because they had never had one white person ever apply for a job with them haha. It was supposed to be an interview, but the big boss switch gears and asked me all sorts of questions about me and where I'm from, about America. He went into this subtle diatribe about how white people are weak to the sun because their pale skin and easily become dehydrated, sunburned, etc.

When looking at him objectively, I realize that he is a man who has never been outside Japan or even outside his little hometown. He obviously doesn't know that white people have a deep history in agriculture as well but that we eventually started making slaves and eventually low-paid immigrants to do the work for us while we sit comfortably in Air-conditioned offices. I replied that I can wear a baseball cap, sunglasses and a white t-shirt to keep cool and apply sunblock to my sensitive milky white skin haha. They didn't give me the main job I wanted but said that they would contact me in the next 2 weeks and let me know if they will offer me a 2 month job harvesting as a sort of trial. If I don't hear from them in 2 weeks (reading between the lines...I don't think I will be hearing from them) I will just be checking into other job opportunities.

P.S. Since you seem to know a lot about immigration in Japan...do they care if a foreigner reports a change of address often? Do they not give a shit at all? What is your answer?

They don’t care as long as it’s properly reported.

And two months harvesting... congratulations. You’re a California Mexican fruit picker.

Well, you have a point and I will go a step further and say that even the Japanese people working at the immigration office don't know what the fuck they are doing either. :D

Yes, I guess I'm a popular guy and I know this roommate likes me and wants me to keep living here. She knows that I will never marry her or be in a serious relationship with her and she has agreed to understanding this.

The interview for that agriculture job ended up being like 3 1/2 hours. One of the lower bosses called the main boss into the room to meet me. He was this older man that was super talkative and fascinated because they had never had one white person ever apply for a job with them haha. It was supposed to be an interview, but the big boss switch gears and asked me all sorts of questions about me and where I'm from, about America. He went into this subtle diatribe about how white people are weak to the sun because their pale skin and easily become dehydrated, sunburned, etc.

When looking at him objectively, I realize that he is a man who has never been outside Japan or even outside his little hometown. He obviously doesn't know that white people have a deep history in agriculture as well but that we eventually started making slaves and eventually low-paid immigrants to do the work for us while we sit comfortably in Air-conditioned offices. I replied that I can wear a baseball cap, sunglasses and a white t-shirt to keep cool and apply sunblock to my sensitive milky white skin haha. They didn't give me the main job I wanted but said that they would contact me in the next 2 weeks and let me know if they will offer me a 2 month job harvesting as a sort of trial. If I don't hear from them in 2 weeks (reading between the lines...I don't think I will be hearing from them) I will just be checking into other job opportunities.

P.S. Since you seem to know a lot about immigration in Japan...do they care if a foreigner reports a change of address often? Do they not give a shit at all? What is your answer?

If you look at things from their unique perspective ...... why is a young American from California, fit, good looking, bilingual looking for farm work in Shizuoka? Why is this American guy interested, when we can't even get our own family members interested? ( Brainstorming session: he's in a witness protection program? he is a wanna be narco drug lord? he is a mass murderer evading US law enforcement? he is a homicidal pyscho who is going to kill us all and take over our land? he is an alien occupying a human body?)

Pity you didn't get to meet their wives. You would have charmed your way in. :)

Fingers crossed they will get back to you with the trial job...good luck.

They don’t care as long as it’s properly reported.

And two months harvesting... congratulations. You’re a California Mexican fruit picker.

Ain't no shame in it at all. Besides, I fucking love Mexican food!

Besides, the 2 months is a trial to see if I'm cut out for the work and if they like me and can trust me, then they will offer me more long term work.

Last edited:
If you look at things from their unique perspective ...... why is a young American from California, fit, good looking, bilingual looking for farm work in Shizuoka? Why is this American guy interested, when we can't even get our own family members interested? ( Brainstorming session: he's in a witness protection program? he is a wanna be narco drug lord? he is a mass murderer evading US law enforcement? he is a homicidal pyscho who is going to kill us all and take over our land? he is an alien occupying a human body?)

Pity you didn't get to meet their wives. You would have charmed your way in. :)

Fingers crossed they will get back to you with the trial job...good luck.

Well, if they do...it is going to get interesting.

aliens-300x225.jpg