Are shops becoming more Gaijin friendly?

Majora

TAG Member
Reaction score
What do you think?

So, I had an interesting experience and decided to share.

TLDR; go to the stores and give your best try, you may get in if you show your face, and they like it. Also, it goes without saying, your Nihongo helps, so hit the books!

I decided to research purelovers.com, a site that ranks different stores, and I noticed that they have a Gaijin ok symbol for the shops that accept* Gaijin.

So I decided to go to a Hote Heru in the top 50, I’ll review my full experience if everything goes according to 計画 (plan). Anyways I went there and they were welcoming enough, they asked me if I had a reservation, and I said no. They said that they were very busy and they had no girls available at the moment, and then the warning came: Some girls don’t accept foreigners. I said oh well, I’ll come back again. One guy, apparently the main tencho was really friendly, he said I looked Russian and I made Trump joke.

I left to a near Café and decided to make a list of the girls I liked and went to ask again if they accepted foreigners. My “list” ended up being 2 names, but one girl was vastly superior.

I came back and the nice tencho was gone. The other 2 guys there were courteous but not friendly and I asked is 〇〇 chan ok with foreigners? He said, nope ‘muri’, impossible. Then I was like, how about 〇〇 chan. He said they need to call her to confirm. I was kinda disappointed, the first girl was the reason I came to the store in the first place, oh well I was about to leave and then the nice tencho came back, and was like “Hey you again” *smile*

So I kinda ignored the others answer and asked again with confidence, I would really like to meet 〇〇 chan, and he said “Mmm, you’re from (country), you look like this, mmm let’s do something, give me your phone, I’m going to ask her. Call tomorrow.”

I’m always with the hope here and there, but yeah some people in Japan are more open to us than others. Were the other two guys lying? Is it just a looks thing in the end? (I’m caucasian) or a low business/high businesses decision? Of course speaking the language also opens many doors.

My grandma always said “The saint’s face does the miracle” or something. So if you wanna try a fashion health or a Hote Heru or any shop with an actual address, just go, maybe if they check you out and your looks are ok with the girls, you got a chance, or go more than once, some staff says no as policy, but a tencho can outrank them and make exceptions. Some people could see this as humiliating, but I really don’t care.

I hope this girl says yes so I can properly review this place, but if not, I gave my earnest try and I’ll find another... that purelovers website is great.

Sorry for the long post, here’s a ghost. ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ

Sorry, can you toss a link to the Hote Heru page at purelovers.com? I'm looking thru there and I'm not catching the 'gaijin ok' symbol. These Japanese websites always give me a headache...

I'm curious if the gaijin ok is a Tokyo thing or a more general thing.

At the end of the day , friendly tencho or not, if the lady doesnt want to meet foreigners , or some types of foreigners, that’s her prerogative. I prefer a shop that would say « no foreigner » than one who would coerce a lady into having sex with me, the result would not be good for both of us .

Reactions: Majora and MikeH
At the end of the day , friendly tencho or not, if the lady doesnt want to meet foreigners , or some types of foreigners, that’s her prerogative. I prefer a shop that would say « no foreigner » than one who would coerce a lady into having sex with me, the result would not be good for both of us .

I was actually thinking about this, and yes it did hurt a bit, but I don't remember ever meeting a girl that would have not accepted foreigners. But I have been in many shops that don't and it's always the tencho telling "other customers don't want to see foreigners here" or something along those lines. With this one delishop I told them on the phone I'm not local and they were OK with it and still the girl got surprised to see me as she was never told. Another time with the same shop they told me one girl didn't see foreigners so I called in and "forgot" to tell I am a fat ugly white guy. The girl did not have any problems and was actually surprised to hear she supposedly did not welcome foreigners.

In general I don't think the situation has changed in the last few years. Compared to a decade or more ago, yes it's much better. But while some places now allow foreigners some which used to don't anymore.

And like you said sometimes it does pay dividends to be nice, talk softly and fluently. I am now a semi-regular with couple of Japanese-only places and they always treat me well; last time I shimei'd a girl and they waived the fee saying "she said you are a nice guy", but when I asked if they mind if I recommend their shop to my friends they were sucking the whole room empty of air through their teeth and told I rather should not do that.

I was actually thinking about this, and yes it did hurt a bit, but I don't remember ever meeting a girl that would have not accepted foreigners. But I have been in many shops that don't and it's always the tencho telling "other customers don't want to see foreigners here" or something along those lines. With this one delishop I told them on the phone I'm not local and they were OK with it and still the girl got surprised to see me as she was never told. Another time with the same shop they told me one girl didn't see foreigners so I called in and "forgot" to tell I am a fat ugly white guy. The girl did not have any problems and was actually surprised to hear she supposedly did not welcome foreigners.

In general I don't think the situation has changed in the last few years. Compared to a decade or more ago, yes it's much better. But while some places now allow foreigners some which used to don't anymore.

And like you said sometimes it does pay dividends to be nice, talk softly and fluently. I am now a semi-regular with couple of Japanese-only places and they always treat me well; last time I shimei'd a girl and they waived the fee saying "she said you are a nice guy", but when I asked if they mind if I recommend their shop to my friends they were sucking the whole room empty of air through their teeth and told I rather should not do that.

Yes , agreed. More often than not it really is about being nice, clean, and able to communicate (and not too repulsive physically) rather than being a foreigner stricto sensu.

They seem to be more gaijin friendly but I wonder how long that will last? So many av biz crackdowns it makes me think things might get slim as we get closer to 2020.
If things do tighten up I hope they relax after 2020. Like good anal. :love:

Sorry, can you toss a link to the Hote Heru page at purelovers.com? I'm looking thru there and I'm not catching the 'gaijin ok' symbol. These Japanese websites always give me a headache...

I'm curious if the gaijin ok is a Tokyo thing or a more general thing.

https://www.purelovers.com/kanto/shop/133/

This is just an example for a Deri Heru reviewed here before. It’s around there, it’s blue and says non-japanese ok.

If they coerce her, yeah that would be bad for everyone... but if it’s a lie or something and the friendly tencho sees the light in your eyes (and the boner in your pants) and decides to help, it’s a win-win.

The J working women are usually Ok with gaijin. If not, it is usually because of the language barrier and potential for communication issues and problems. Some people are just nervous I guess. The reason gaijin don't get serviced is that many shops think that their Japanese customers dont want to do girls who do gaijin. The shops don't want to sit you down in the waiting room with a bunch of locals because they think it is bad for business. Why don't J men like to do working women who have been done by gaijin? Two reasons: 1) They think we are dirty and diseased. 2) They think their smaller cock will be less appreciated after the bigger gaijin cock. In my case they are correct on both counts. Thus spoke Zarabuta.

Reactions: Majora and BIPSY
Two reasons: 1) They think we are dirty and diseased. 2) They think their smaller cock will be less appreciated after the bigger gaijin cock. In my case they are correct on both counts. Thus spoke Zarabuta.
Ok, i can understand number 1, but i never thought J-men had any penis inferiority complex.

The J working women are usually Ok with gaijin. If not, it is usually because of the language barrier and potential for communication issues and problems. Some people are just nervous I guess. The reason gaijin don't get serviced is that many shops think that their Japanese customers dont want to do girls who do gaijin. The shops don't want to sit you down in the waiting room with a bunch of locals because they think it is bad for business. Why don't J men like to do working women who have been done by gaijin? Two reasons: 1) They think we are dirty and diseased. 2) They think their smaller cock will be less appreciated after the bigger gaijin cock. In my case they are correct on both counts. Thus spoke Zarabuta.

Are we assuming foreigners/gaijins are all from the west? Because there are some of us (idk how many, but I myself am one) who are Asians

Are we assuming foreigners/gaijins are all from the west? Because there are some of us (idk how many, but I myself am one) who are Asians
Definitely most foreigners who try to visit Japanese shops are Asian, i would say.

Reactions: Muku1
Reactions: Majora
well, by geography, in general most foreigners who visit japan are Asian.
and when i went to satin doll, the girl told me a high proportion of foreigners they receive are Chinese.
Definitely. Most foreigners living in Japan are Asian (Chinese, Korean, Nepali, Indians) and most tourists are rich Chinese people.

Reactions: jhingy567
Majora, a belated thanks for that link. A quick look at Kyushu shops (interestingly, all in Fukuoka prefecture) shows a few of them with the gaikokujin ok sign.

Ok, i can understand number 1, but i never thought J-men had any penis inferiority complex.

Hah, after the war and surrender the Tokyo police department was responsible for establishing brothels for the invading army. They mostly had to recruit girls who never worked this line of work before because all the professional girls refused stating the foreigners would destroy their internals with their monster members.

The local guys were less than amused.

Definitely. Most foreigners living in Japan are Asian (Chinese, Korean, Nepali, Indians) and most tourists are rich Chinese people.

Yup - I don't really frequent any places that specialize in foreigners and from time to time when chatting with SPs I ask if they see many non-Japanese. Almost all say that they see quite a few Chinese or Taiwanese clients but not many Westerners.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hah, after the war and surrender

Not to pick, but the number of encounters that the average Japanese had with any foreigner at that time was zero. The inverse (foreigner encounters with Japanese) was true as well, I read a transcribed diary of an anthropologist who was did a brief tour in Japan in the late 40's and he noted his amazement that Japanese didn't actually all look alike. I think that images and stereotypes do persist, but what amazes me is how the Japanese have been able to glom on to some Western notions so quickly. Big breasts were never considered attractive and now you have a huge niche that caters to Japanese men who like that. Yet in the opposite direction, tiny chests or flat chested girls are still, I think, a bit out there for western men (though I know that there are people who really get off on that) though that may be linked to questions of under age girls.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Big breasts were never considered attractive and now you have a huge niche that caters to Japanese men
I don't this thats western influence per se.
They may not have been attractive in the (largley catering to women's tastes) beauty ideal and it may have been not done to show them off.
But afaik (i'm no expert) big breasts and wide hips are unconsciously attractive to men because they would suggest a woman is more suited for bearing children.
Anyway, i'm sure the sex industry in Japan has always catered to some extent to guys wanting to burry their face in a big chest.
But yes, the time of geisha flashing their wrists and necks to be sexy has definitely made places for hostesses with push up bras and cleavage.

Reactions: jhingy567
Hell a hundred or so years ago in the West big 'ol knockers was considered super ugly too. This obsession with big breasts is relatively new.