Guest viewing is limited

Art scenester bars in Shibuya?

d0ddyyy

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to Tokyo in October, and my buddy is a legit painter. I want to take him to some bars where he can meet other artists and hook up.

My Japanese is conversational and his is non-existant. Cheers in advance.

Reactions: averageguy
Neither in Japan, not in other countries I have seen bars aimed at artists. Is that supposed to be a thing? He should try to go to some life drawing events, sketch meetups or something similar to meet other artists......and try to hookup somewhere else.

Reactions: d0ddyyy and Alice
The Pink Cow in Akasaka is a popular hang-out for the foreign/international arty crowd. Good Tex Mex food too.

A fair few English teachers trying to palm themselves off as artists/DJs/whatever but that goes with the territory.

Legit painter - art is open to anyone - and like L. S. Lowry said: "You don't need brains to be a painter, just feelings...I am not an artist. I am a man who paints."

Reactions: d0ddyyy and Alice
Legit painter - art is open to anyone - and like L. S. Lowry said: "You don't need brains to be a painter, just feelings...I am not an artist. I am a man who paints."
Art is open to anyone, and once you put brush to canvas, you are a painter. But can you support yourself with your art? Some can, and some cannot.

So you're correct, any one who creates art is an artist. Apologies for using casual terminology in an internet forum, so i hope to clarify. So, my friend, who is a professional artist whose chosen medium is applying paint to canvas, is hoping to meet other professionals of similar vocations. Or, you know, legit painters.

Reactions: zerosupblues
I make money from art to some degree. Best to enjoy usual places in Omotesando/Aoyama and so forth with a nice environment.

Reactions: Alice