aussie visiting japan

joshfromauz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just thought ide say Hi.

I am travelling to Japan at the end of this month for the first time. I have done an extreme amount of research and am practising my japanese with apps like duolingo and Rosetta Stone in preparation.

I want to go to a soapland, it's on my bucket list. I have tried to understand the general flow and process of soaplands but having little to no japanese I'm not confident in being able to converse properly with a lady.

I can do the basics like, I'm Australian, my name is, I don't understand, where's the toilet etc, and can read basic hirigana.

Looking through the forums I have determined my best bet is the Yoshiwara district (don't really understand districts yet, from my understanding they are akin to suburbs ".
Specifically it seems that darling harbour which I read has now been merged into Y-shirt is my best bet, with a good choice being a English speaking girl Karou.

With the borders still only recently being opened I was wanting to know how the situation is looking for those like myself who know only a tiny amount of japanese. I don't want to make an ass of myself or fellow gaijin, so just want to know if my labours of cramming my japanese will bear any fruit.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
Just thought ide say Hi.

I am travelling to Japan at the end of this month for the first time. I have done an extreme amount of research and am practising my japanese with apps like duolingo and Rosetta Stone in preparation.

I want to go to a soapland, it's on my bucket list. I have tried to understand the general flow and process of soaplands but having little to no japanese I'm not confident in being able to converse properly with a lady.

I can do the basics like, I'm Australian, my name is, I don't understand, where's the toilet etc, and can read basic hirigana.

Looking through the forums I have determined my best bet is the Yoshiwara district (don't really understand districts yet, from my understanding they are akin to suburbs ".
Specifically it seems that darling harbour which I read has now been merged into Y-shirt is my best bet, with a good choice being a English speaking girl Karou.

With the borders still only recently being opened I was wanting to know how the situation is looking for those like myself who know only a tiny amount of japanese. I don't want to make an ass of myself or fellow gaijin, so just want to know if my labours of cramming my japanese will bear any fruit.

Thanks
A new guy who's read the forums, is making an effort to learn Japanese, and is trying to make sure he doesn't rock the boat for everyone else.

Good on ya, Josh. I hope Kaoru rocks your world.

Hi Everyone,
Just thought ide say Hi.

Thanks
I would suggest finding a tutor on language websites (I'm not sure if I can recommend here since I think it got deleted?) and practice conversation speaking . Usually you can find tons of native speakers and you can find them on cheap. I did that for while because as much as you can cram Japanese language is best practiced speaking IMO.

Welcome fellow Aussie, yeah if you insist on soap Y-shirts is a foreigner friendly. Dolce is also kinda ok with foreigners, but YMMV. But they will still ask u basic questions about do u know some Japanese and the rules of soap land etc. other than that it’s pretty easy onwards.
Jesus christ so many people recommending Kaoru these days LOL

Imagine this:

Psychiatrist: Name the first thing that come to your mind after I said something.
TAG members: Ok
Psychiatrist: Soap…….
TAG members: KAROU
Psychiatrist: ……land

Hi Everyone,
Just thought ide say Hi.

Thanks
What a well thought out and awesome introduction. Kaoru again...lol...seriously I think she needs to know how much she is recommended and get our @TAG Manager a six course meal at a local two Michelin Star joint.

Of the two dozen soapland women I fucked this year, I have broached this topic of meeting foreigners with most of them. Everyone who has had an experience with foreigners and is okay with them has said that most communication comes through smartphone translations. So your Japanese does not need to be absolutely perfect to get in...you just need to be able to survive the front door.

I want to encourage you to try a joint besides Y-Shirt...like maybe stumble into Idol Kenkyuusei which is right next door, and see if anyone will take you. The girls' profiles on the site as well confirm if gaijin is okay or not (it likely is difficult to navigate this with your current Japanese level so probably not useful info for you), so if Kaoru is not available, try your soapland luck there.

Anyway...keep us posted, and we'll try to look out for you.