Guest viewing is limited

Baldness?

sure but again Alice is not the average Japanese regular women we have to deal with in this country .. Tastes and opinions are just different western women are a lot more open to the bald look - the fact remains that a bald guy is going to have a lot harder time pulling it off in Japan vs a western country.

Buzz cut is not bald

And women in Japan can be quite superficial if they have a choice - the good looking ones have a lot of choices

Last edited:

If not she will probably dump him for being not nice AND bald while the hairy guy does not have to make the effort to be as nice and still get the girl and even treat her like crap and she will ask for more

Frankly most guys just don't feel like being nice everyday sometimes I just want to be mean and not give a fuck all day that's just the way it is

This reminds me of the Biff character from the Back to the Future movies.

Tokyodude, we're all superficial to one extent or another, and as I mentioned, it's ok to hold one's choice/preferences when it comes to looks. Sometimes you even get people with some...strange approaches like this woman from this video at around 1:48:

I'm still weighing whether that's creepy or cute :eek:

Tokyodude, we're all superficial to one extent or another, and as I mentioned, it's ok to hold one's choice/preferences when it comes to looks. Sometimes you even get people with some...strange approaches like this woman from this video at around 1:48:

I'm still weighing whether that's creepy or cute :eek:

Thats the thing with preferences, everyone has different ones!

There must be girls who dig bald guys, even in japan.

Personally i like straight hair. So no curly goldielocks model for me either. (I'm my own curly goldielocks model)

In your boat with the straight hair too - I actually am totally in love with the local girls' hair, especially when you add the dark black color. I don't think I'll get tired of it, even though, well, basically it's all around!

In your boat with the straight hair too - I actually am totally in love with the local girls' hair, especially when you add the dark black color. I don't think I'll get tired of it, even though, well, basically it's all around!

I'm with you on the dark black hair. So black that it actually a bit of a blue tint in sunlight. Not sure if that effect is from some type of hair treatment but I love it.

As far as the bald thing, sure it is a no-go with some ladies, but not all, not by a long shot. I spent my most of my 30s in Japan and Korea and was never lonely or desparate for dates.

I don't agree with Biff about Propecia and Finestra either. It only has limited effectiveness on about 30 percent of the population.

I'd much rather spend that money on nice clothes than a bunch of creams and potions that you can't tell if they are working. Plus, they only slow hair loss, they won't bring dead follicles back to life. If being charming is working too hard, then it is a chore I don't mind.

As someone said upthread, having a basic sense of fashion, good manners and a good talking game gets you far. The language barrier is the most important obstacle to overcome.

I took two semesters of Japanese in college and two semesters of Korean, plus lots of study and practice on my own. I never progressed beyond the Tarzan-level of conversation.

I could make myself understood on a basic level, but complex topics were beyond me. Still, I did ok with picking up girls. Actually too much of the native language ability can work against you with some girls.

A Korean girl I dated didn't want me to learn too much Korean and to hang out with Korean guys because she said I would start acting like a Korean guy.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There was a time in the 1980's and early 1990's where all you needed to be is a white guy / bald or not , average looking and Japanese women were easy to pick as there were very few foreigners around, no tourists and this was new to them

I know I was here

Now things have changed , there are a lot of foreigners here and also lots of tourist guys with Great hair and looks and motivated to score with the locals while on vacation as well

It's a lot more competitive and Japanese guys have also ramped up their game of treating ladies nicer now - but they still aren't loosing hair like a lot of the white Guys

This 30 percent number you just pulled out of nowhere does not exist - it's close to 90 if you combine propecia with Minox you can keep your hair for as long as you use it for the vast majority of guys so it's a choice you can make for yourself
And we have a few more new drugs that work even better than those two so added to the mix the effect is even better

It's a bit naive to think that you can act oh-so -nice and confident and women will see past your chrome dome how great a guy you are - that may work in the west but here it's different again unless you are very rich and they are interested in the lifestyle you can offer if they marry you then looks is secondary

There really isn't any reason to go bald in this day and age we have the stuff that will prevent loosing hair

Last edited:
There was a time in the 1980's and early 1990's where all you needed to be is a white guy / bald or not , average looking and Japanese women were easy to pick as there were very few foreigners around, no tourists and this was new to them

I know I was here

Now things have changed , there are a lot of foreigners here and also lots of tourist guys with Great hair and looks and motivated to score with the locals while on vacation as well

It's a lot more competitive and Japanese guys have also ramped up their game of treating ladies nicer now - but they still aren't loosing hair like a lot of the white Guys

This 30 percent number you just pulled out of nowhere does not exist - it's close to 90 if you combine propecia with Minox you can keep your hair for as long as you use it for the vast majority of guys so it's a choice you can make for yourself
And we have a few more new drugs that work even better than those two so added to the mix the effect is even better

It's a bit naive to think that you can act oh-so -nice and confident and women will see past your chrome dome how great a guy you are - that may work in the west but here it's different again unless you are very rich and they are interested in the lifestyle you can offer if they marry you then looks is secondary

There really isn't any reason to go bald in this day and age we have the stuff that will prevent loosing hair

Ok! Just send the link to your hair product business already. Slap heads please heed his words. More hair you have on your head the more pussay you'll get!

me, if its a shaven head.

and what kind of stuff do we have to prevent baldness? i mean stuff that works... except for chemical substances, i cant find anything..

Despite what he is claiming, Propecia only halts or slows hair loss. Those who start taking it at the onset of thining hair have the best results.

Also it is most effective in those who are losing hair from the crown. Guys who are losing it from the front don't get the same results.

If you do a few web searches you will find loads of sites claiming fantastic results, but take notice of their sponsors, drug companies.

There are plenty of hair loss forums with more honest talk than what you'll find on a sponsored site.

Some people do get impressive results, but it isn't the silver bullet he is claiming. The cocktail of drugs he mentions (Propecia and Minoxidil) is effective in some men, that is where I got the 30 percent number. But again, it depends on the type of hair loss the individual has.

Have a look at this Q&A site.

https://www.realself.com/question/propecia-and-hair-loss

If a person starts taking Propecia before they have significant hair loss, the only way to know if Propecia is working is to stop taking it and see if your hair falls out. That seems like a trap to me.

Anyway, I was bald and on the Tokyo dating scene 2010-2012 and I got plenty of dates with cute women my age and 10 years younger.

Baldness isn't a death sentence for your sex life in Japan.

Last edited:
The other issue with being bald is that it makes you look a lot older - especially in Japan where the bald guys are the much older ones

I am dating a girl 18 years old younger than me now she is cute enough and the sex is great but she also believes I am only 10 years older - thanks for having a full head of hair.

A lot of the Better looking girls tend to get married by the time they hit early 30's so really the sweet spot is 20-early 30 and they won't really go for the elderly middle age man look

And yes absolutely finasteride does not regrow lost hair or work as good for hairline loss over time that's a fact - or if you start too late - I was making a general comment on the approved drugs - I am not even using it now I switched to better drugs that work at the hairline , like I wrote we have better options now (nothing natural though)

well, then what are the not natural solutions? all that teasing all the time...

im not bald, its a little lighter in the front, but still presentable... you never know, though...
to be honest, i just want a different haircut^^ no need to change hair or clothes for other people... doesnt make much sense to me...

well, then what are the not natural solutions? all that teasing all the time...

im not bald, its a little lighter in the front, but still presentable... you never know, though...
to be honest, i just want a different haircut^^ no need to change hair or clothes for other people... doesnt make much sense to me...
I wonder if the other guys only care about their hairstyle to attract girls?
This thread sounds like it. But if men did their fashion and hair soley to attract girls they could make quite some easy improvements.. -.-

Reactions: honra123
Tokyodude, I guess not everyone wants to go through the hassle of applying a few medications every single day and checking out their hairline/crown/whatever, fretting over the outcome. When I started balding - as I mentioned beforehand, I had a certain choice to make, and I made it. Some of my acquaintances follow the route you proposed -- a friend of mine did what I did and shaved it all off. I kinda think your opinion is a bit too radical - not because I'm a cue ball, but because you speak of absolutes and absolutes don't really apply to people that easily.

The part about the youth look/young women is sensible, of course. However, I'm mainly interested in dating/FWB-ing/whatever women in the 27-40 age range, as I prefer women a bit older than me. Always been so.

yeah exactly... but in other threads its the same... buy better clothes to get more girls (or any)... and i think to an extend it is like that...dress to impress, though i wonder how many women like men in pink shirts^^

i also think that it makes sense, not only in preferences, but also because women (as men) often go for a certain type... or what about those styling programs on tv and styling tips on youtube... its always for the same reason(and everybody ends up looking the same)...

while im all in for dressing good, i prefer people dressing the way they want to...

Well if you aim for the 40 years old women then yes hair isn't a big issue - that's getting close to pre menaupause levels, no hair and even no dick :D will work just fine .

There is a reason why Japanese guys all like the young ones here - or go to soap lands and seek payed action if they are married - if you want solid action in bed and wet pussies the younger ones are a lot more motivated - there will be exceptions of course but roughly speaking that's the ball park here

That is also one big difference with western women I would say

As for hair well if your already quite bald no use to use meds at this stage it's too late but you still have the option to hit the gym hard and get very bulky , get a tan and go for the "the Rock " type of look which may work fine on gaijins and not so much on Japanese perhaps so that's one angle to consider

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbagz
Well if you aim for the 40 years old women then yes hair isn't a big issue - that's getting close to pre menaupause levels, no hair and even no dick :D will work just fine .

There is a reason why Japanese guys all like the young ones here - or go to soap lands and seek payed action if they are married - if you want solid action in bed and wet pussies the younger ones are a lot more motivated - there will be exceptions of course but roughly speaking that's the ball park here

That is also one big difference with western women I would say

As for hair well if your already quite bald no use to use meds at this stage it's too late but you still have the option to hit the gym hard and get very bulky , get a tan and go for the "the Rock " type of look which may work fine on gaijins and not so much on Japanese perhaps so that's one angle to consider

Thank you for reeling in your claims about the effectiveness of hair loss drugs.

I don't date women in their 20s anymore and I don't have the desire to feel like an interloper on the 20-something dating scene. I have always used half my age, plus seven years as my dating pool.

It has worked well for me, but personal preferences do vary and that isn't a point of contention here.

Being physically fit helps tremendously, regardless of being bald or not. I've always hit the gym and I think it does wonders for your self esteem. Not only does it help with picking up women, but more importantly it helps in the work in environment with other men.

You are much less likely to be challenged by the office jerk if you are in shape. Men play the dominance game on multiple levels with each other constantly.

I still maintain that having charisma is more important than having hair. Yes, physical beauty is part of the charisma formula, but beauty comes in many forms.

Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) is a very charismatic person. Does his physique play a role in how people perceive him? Absolutely, but he is also a very well-spoken and articulate guy. When he speaks, you don't hear a lunkhead talking, you hear an intelligent and charming guy.

I wonder if the other guys only care about their hairstyle to attract girls?
This thread sounds like it. But if men did their fashion and hair soley to attract girls they could make quite some easy improvements.. -.-

Men also care about how they look to other men, even if they realize it or not. We care, we are constantly judging ourselves and others.

Humans are intensely social creatures and our means of interacting with one another occurs on multiple levels simultaneously.

I am of the opinion that much of that interaction occurs at the pheromonal level and is largely automatic depending on the circumstances of the encounter.

I even suspect that people who are extremely good at reading another's emotions might be more in-tune with pheromonal cues.

Detectives that can sniff out a lie, or poker players who can detect a bluff and even salespeople who know just the right thing to say and when to say it, just might be getting cues on an instinctual level that involves processing pheromones.

A little off-topic in regards to baldness and hair styles, but I think the link is all the nonverbal cues a person gives off when they are confident.

Last edited:
Can't give you more than one like, as much as I wish, haha. I agree wholeheartedly. Especially on the being physically fit part - when I bulked a bit (nothing too much), fewer people picked a fight (verbal ones mostly, of course) with me. I'm back to the slim days now but being slim is something kinda normal here, so haven't encountered problems based on this yet.

Alright, you got me there, I laughed :D

These forums are a very fresh breath of air among the usual format I've witnessed in too many places. Cheers to everybody participating, seems like an entertaining and information-filled place. Glad to be here. :)

Men also care about how they look to other men, even if they realize it or not. We care, we are constantly judging ourselves and others.

Humans are intensely social creatures and our means of interacting with one another occurs on multiple levels simultaneously.

I am of the opinion that much of that interaction occurs at the pheromonal level and is largely automatic depending on the circumstances of the encounter.

I even suspect that people who are extremely good at reading another's emotions might be more in-tune with pheromonal cues.

Detectives that can sniff out a lie, or poker players who can detect a bluff and even salespeople who know just the right thing to say and when to say it, just might be getting cues on an instinctual level that involves processing pheromones.

A little off-topic in regards to baldness and hair styles, but I think the link is all the nonverbal cues a person gives off when they are confident.
What about dressing for yourself, interest in fashion or at least in nice fits and fabrics?

What about dressing for yourself, interest in fashion or at least in nice fits and fabrics?

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at here, but I'll take a swing at it.

There are two main elements at play when a person chooses hair style and clothing. Self-image and how others perceive them.

Unfortunately there are times when a person has a major disconnect between the two.

Finding that balance between what the individual is comfortable with wearing and what their particular social group will respond to in a positive manner is the key.

I am reminded of a counseling session I had with one of my subordinates over wearing facial piercings in the workplace.

I'm talking about brow piercings and hair accessories to be specific. They didn't look that bad actually, but they were a poor choice for our particular business environment.

I'm sure she felt great wearing them and when she was out partying she was Julie, the free wheeling American Gal in Tokyo.

That's fantastic, but I had to remind her that when she was at work she needed to be Julie, the IT consultant for XYZ Data Systems Incorporated.

I also had a guy who liked to wear cowboy boots with his business suit. That sort of choice works great in Texas, but not so good in other locations.

I gave business examples, but I suspect you might be talking more about being body conscious in regards to the cut of garments and even trends.

Even so, there is still that balance point between self-image and how their social group will respond.

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at here, but I'll take a swing at it.

There are two main elements at play when a person chooses hair style and clothing. Self-image and how others perceive them.

Unfortunately there are times when a person has a major disconnect between the two.

Finding that balance between what the individual is comfortable with wearing and what their particular social group will respond to in a positive manner is the key.

I am reminded of a counseling session I had with one of my subordinates over wearing facial piercings in the workplace.

I'm talking about brow piercings and hair accessories to be specific. They didn't look that bad actually, but they were a poor choice for our particular business environment.

I'm sure she felt great wearing them and when she was out partying she was Julie, the free wheeling American Gal in Tokyo.

That's fantastic, but I had to remind her that when she was at work she needed to be Julie, the IT consultant for XYZ Data Systems Incorporated.

I also had a guy who liked to wear cowboy boots with his business suit. That sort of choice works great in Texas, but not so good in other locations.

I gave business examples, but I suspect you might be talking more about being body conscious in regards to the cut of garments and even trends.

Even so, there is still that balance point between self-image and how the particular social they are in will respond.
True, balance is everything.
As for piercings, someone might worry they grow closed, but there are those see-through things you can put in to prevent that.

True, balance is everything.
As for piercings, someone might worry they grow closed, but there are those see-through things you can put in to prevent that.

Business attire is easier to master because you usually have some type of guidance from the company.

Still, I would see guys get it wrong all the time. Like wearing electric blue dress shirts to business meetings, or overly ornate tie clasps.

That might work well if you are doing real estate deals in LA, but our company did business with government clients. The flashy "big money" look doesn't go over well with government clients.

I think casual wear presents tougher challenges for people. More rope to hang one's self with.