Guest viewing is limited

Bar recommendations in dogenzaka?

Not an easy question .....Shibuya is fun with lots of interesting places, but I don't know a single good bar directly in it's center. For bars you should really go somewhere else.

Top of Dogenzaka, Legato. The lounge area has a 5k minimum spend per table, window seats, 3k, and counter, none. Incredible views and women love it. They have a general area as well, which is still stylish. You’re a minute walk from the hotels.

Towards the base of Dogenzaka, if you make a right and head straight up the Hyakkendana, towards the end you’ll find lots of places. Can’t remember all the names, but there’s a stylish bar called Musch right before you get to Mikkeller. Which is good in it’s own right if you just want to grab a quick $$$$ beer and go.
There are also a few coffee shops along the street that are famous.

Right at the base is ‘bar 209’, which is more of an izakaya. Younger crowd absolutely loves it. I think it’s great, but due to the age difference between me and my partners, I tend to shy away from it. Right outside the restaurant are the steps heading up to the hotels.

Top of Dogenzaka, Legato. The lounge area has a 5k minimum spend per table, window seats, 3k, and counter, none. Incredible views and women love it. They have a general area as well, which is still stylish. You’re a minute walk from the hotels.
This is the top choice. I've never had anyone that didn't like this place and getting a table at the window side is a nice plus. (Link)

Reactions: Fifty Fifty
This is the top choice. I've never had anyone that didn't like this place and getting a table at the window side is a nice plus. (Link)
Always top marks there. @HelloMyTwenties i should have added to get a seat on the bar side of the restaurant, and don’t want to wait, always best to get there around opening, or closer to last call times. They don’t take reservations for that section.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Yeah, great place for a date. Was also surprised that their prices for dinner are very reasonable for such a cool location.
I like how the menu is eclectic, they even have beef cheek which is difficult to find. Perfect spot for a one-and-done, or full meal.

You guys have way more class than me. I always go to the standing Cona, near the inokashira station.

I only went to a Cona once. Was pulled in by the 500 yen price advert, but the branch I went to also charged me
500 yen attendance without a proper otoshi. This was years ago, and probably some cheeky fukery was afoot. So I swore it off. Since I’m often in Shibuya, will give your spot a try. I heard there’s great soft cream right outside.

The last few months, since the summer, I noticed a lot of places have been trying to short change/overcharge. Usually it’s bartenders, and conbini clerks. Volume cash handlers. They are definitely playing on the ‘Japanese are honest people’, ‘it’s considered rude to count your change…’.

Wow. I have never known a coma to charge extra.

In my experience they are all amazing: the thinking man's saizerya - cheap but great value - but the branch near the inokashira shibuya station has a great atmosphere. It's standing only, enough room for about 10 people, with a big ol' wine fridge that you can choose from freely. And the staff are always lovely

Not luxurious but very atmospheric. And if, like me, you're fat, you might also be lucky enough to get your chest touched by a bunch of guys every time you go to the loo, which always seems to impress my dates.

Mind you, it might depend on the company you keep, lol.

Always top marks there. @HelloMyTwenties i should have added to get a seat on the bar side of the restaurant, and don’t want to wait, always best to get there around opening, or closer to last call times. They don’t take reservations for that section.
Thanks, I hit up Legato and had a successful date. Didn’t get a window seat, but great recommendation!

Thanks, I hit up Legato and had a successful date. Didn’t get a window seat, but great recommendation!
I’m glad it worked out. This time of year is always difficult in any restaurant, especially reasonable priced places with a flare. Outside of our hobby, everyone else is meeting up to maintain relationships. After Jan 1st, everyone takes a multi-month break which gives an opportunity to try out new places.

Wow, you players, I go to the nasty places, if local calls its 渋い、then I'm there.

Reactions: Sudsy