Barrier Free Love Hotel Shinjuku/Tokyo

Most all love hotels have elevators... but some have steps to main entrance, I can’t remember if there’s a ramp at those.

Some rooms have a flat floor entrance but some have the raised floor at the genkan where you take off your shoes...

Some of the cheaper hotels have very small rooms and are not wheelchair friendly. Bigger hotels with larger rooms shouldn’t be much of an issue.

I’ll make a note of rooms I use - never really thought about the accessibility part. Others that may have more frequent use can chime in here...

I am not sure if it qualifies as a barrier free building but Hotel Pasha in Kabukicho has a lobby that is accessible from the parking lot (zero elevation from street level) and a pedestrian passage on the opposite street. I can’t recall if floor levels match on these areas.

Once you’re in the lobby, you should easily be able to navigate around the control panel and reception on a wheelchair and elevators are large enough to accommodate the wheelchair. Waiting spheres which provide a discreet environment for couples who are in line to get a room won’t be accessible to you, as I clearly remember there is a step on that area.

Some rooms with tatami flooring may be an issue and some rooms have steps inside. It’s better to consult the staff to get a room without any architectural elements that can act as barriers to entry.

I wish you had posted this earlier this week :) So that I could examine on site. (I will try to update you when I go there. )

Last edited:
Last edited:
Apologies. I have completely forgotten about this thread. After I returned back to Japan, I went on a mission to inspect Hotel Pasha. Unfortunately there is a high step in the parking lot entrance. That was my mistake. The pedestrian walkway surrounding two facades of the building sits on a slope, and there are varying numbers of steps there as well. Doesn’t look very barrier free to me sadly, unless your companion is willing to help with the wheelchair. If that’s possible, navigation in the lobby around the reservation panel, reception and elevator will be problem free. But I’d still highly suggest to stay away from Tatami rooms, plus bathrooms are mostly elevated from floor level in the hotel. (There’s a step) It’s sad, people with disabilities should be able to enjoy p4p too.

Last edited: