Guest viewing is limited

Bars Near Meguro?

donttouchthat

TAG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of good bars near Meguro that are foreign friendly? Looking for a easy going atmosphere to meet new people. Thanks!

During sakura season Meguro River is an open air party every night, I'd hit that while I can . . .

Reactions: just4fun
Meguro Tavern has been around a while. Used to be good but gone downhill. The Brit owner has his own daughter running it now. If you sit at the counter you may meet people.

Yap, Ebisu is much better and a short walk away. Red Dragon is a small Welsh owned bar and easy to meet people. What The Dickens has live music every nite. There are smaller Japanese places in same area which are fun.

Shibuya only 2 stops away on train and a lot going on there. Hub and Hobgoblin to name but just a few. Try the cheap stand bar Tasuichi near Outback Steakhouse, very easy to meet people there

WTD is also pretty close to Blacows if you want a decent burger.

I'd warn that hub and hobgoblin are chains, hub much more than hob goblin but from the few that I've been to, it usually a good safe back pocket place to hang out if you're looking for foreign friendly, depending on the location you'll get many foreigners or japanese that want to enjoy a "foreign" bar.

Hobgoblin in Shibuya is good. I think the Hub in Kabukicho in Shinjuku is better than the ones in Shibuya, but they are all often packed with people happy to hang out with foreigners.

Hobbetygobbles is a good pub but not really a pickup place. Beer gone up to 1200 per pint which is kinda steep

Hubs in Shibuya got a lot of Japanese who want to meet Gaijin but a very high percentage are leechy young guys who will latch onto you and cock block. Worth a try though

I like Tasuichi which I mentioned in another thread, cheap and friendly and very multi national

I've very seldom gotten cock blocked by Japanese guys........again maybe just lucky.

I've very seldom gotten cock blocked by Japanese guys........again maybe just lucky.

It never used to happen, but I've noticed it say these last few years. Very often it's not so much cock blocking but silly little jerks back from a year abroad in your country wanting to make friends with you, and they can be hard to get rid of politely

It never used to happen, but I've noticed it say these last few years. Very often it's not so much cock blocking but silly little jerks back from a year abroad in your country wanting to make friends with you, and they can be hard to get rid of politely
What does that word politely mean?

Reactions: Hamerare
The Red Dragon closed. Though I've heard rumors that there were plans to move it elsewhere. The Black Lion in Meguro isn't bad.

The Red Dragon closed. Though I've heard rumors that there were plans to move it elsewhere. The Black Lion in Meguro isn't bad.

Black Lion went defunct a while ago which was a shame. Does n e 1 know what happened to Scot the manager?

I never knew Red Dragon had closed. That was a nice lil place