Bbw or chubby bars?

a debu is a chubby or fat or big girl. sen means specialty. chubby girl specialty.

Last edited:
What is debusen?

XXXX sen = someone who's really into that type.

Debu is fat or chubby, so debusen = a person who's into larger lovers.

Bussen - someone into busu, ugly people

Minisen or chibisen - someone who's into short people

I think you get the idea.

Omg. You actually swipe right?

I opened my Tinder again for a few days to check and see if it got better, and all I’m getting are guys with Snapchat/SNOW face filters. It takes me a while to find someone grown and masculine.

Where are all the MEN at? :(

Well, I haven't used Tinder in a while. But when I did I found a lot. I do have to admit quality dates have gone down in recent times. But I always find something interesting from March through June. Although it usually depends on the age range and area you are passing through.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
XXXX sen = someone who's really into that type.

Debu is fat or chubby, so debusen = a person who's into larger lovers.

Bussen - someone into busu, ugly people

Minisen or chibisen - someone who's into short people

I think you get the idea.

So it means fat ugly person.....wow....having a figure they draw about makes a girl ugly. Seriously ass back words

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Agreed. That's why they use "Debu" which can be derogative. That said, one of the guy's blog entries is about BBW bars in the states, wondering why there are none in Japan with a tone of envy.
デブ専.net/archives/1410

Japan is changing though. Perhaps this article explains.
https://www.vogue.com/article/naomi-watanabe-fashion-punyus-designer-beyonce-japan
I think it’s great that Naomi decided to make her brand size-inclusive instead of just plus-size.. but when I heard about her shop’s grand opening at Shibuya 109, I got really excited and decided to check it out. As soon as I walked in, I saw this shirt that I really liked. The fabric was nice and the color was perfect.. but then I turned it around to see the back and it had a Garfield design with the words, “Yes, I’m fat.”

Like, seriously? Is it too much to ask for decent designs? :notworthy:

Last edited:
I think it’s great that Naomi decided to make her brand size-inclusive instead of just plus-size.. but when I heard about her shop’s grand opening at Shibuya 109, I got really excited and decided to check it out. As soon as I walked in, I saw this shirt that I really liked. The fabric was the nice and the color was perfect.. but then I turned it around to see the back and it had a Garfield design with the words, “Yes, I’m fat.”

I shop many great designer trendy clothes. ....from UK of course. I went to her store and was super annoyed. Her largest size was a 12 or 10. Her large was a medium and if you have breasts c or larger it''s impossible. I want to know what' her classification of plus size because that was pathetic.

Ashley Graham queen of sexy bbw has a better idea and I've purchased a few of her lingerie pieces.

I think it’s great that Naomi decided to make her brand size-inclusive instead of just plus-size.. but when I heard about her shop’s grand opening at Shibuya 109, I got really excited and decided to check it out. As soon as I walked in, I saw this shirt that I really liked. The fabric was nice and the color was perfect.. but then I turned it around to see the back and it had a Garfield design with the words, “Yes, I’m fat.”

I really think her brands designs are super weird and ugly, sadly.
I don't like the way she does her hair and makeup either but hey, i guess a lot of girls are into it.

I really think her brands designs are super weird and ugly, sadly.
I don't like the way she does her hair and makeup either but hey, i guess a lot of girls are into it.
Agreed. Besides the front side of that shirt, nothing else caught my eye at her store. The clothes look unflattering on any kind of body shape, whether skinny or fat.

Agreed. Besides the front side of that shirt, nothing else caught my eye at her store. The clothes look unflattering on any kind of body shape, whether skinny or fat.

I know what you mean. I had very high hopes for the shop but did not find anything that was even remotely attractive to wear. Everything seemed like things caricatures would not be caught dead wearing. When I tried some things, they were small. One can find better clothes at Isetan. And cheaper but slightly more flattering on f21.

I think unless you're between 155-165 cm and between sizes euro 32-38, finding clothes is a big problem in Japan. I can't find clothes for myself here. I can fit into the three sizes, but the arms and legs are just always too short. Dress cuts don't fit my torso and often it's too rectangular for me. Luckily I can find lingerie.

That said, it's ridiculous to design a shirt that says "yes I'm fat" for plus size women. I also see plus size people fat shamed on media and movies, often they are the victims of unbearably cruel humor.

I'd suggest plus size girls to check "select shop"s. Usually they only have items from certain brands that the shop identifies itself with, and most of the time they can be overseas brands. I have seen lots of stuff from Paris and Italy that way. Since I'm south European the dress cuts fit me like a tailor fit. The feeling you get from a perfect fit is incomparable to stuff you'd get from chain fashion stores. The dress becomes your second skin! I also bump into xxl sizes occasionally in those stores, it's worth to check them out :)

Last edited:
I wonder how many guys opened Tinder and started swiping furiously after finding out in this thread that @MissInsomnia is on Tinder. I can't be the only one. :D

As for OP's topic, agreed that Yokosuka may be an option, as well as any place that gaijin hang out. You may be likely to find more Asian guys from overseas there, who are probably more likely to appreciate those lovely curves than the local guys are (though there will undoubtedly be some locals who do, although I've found their definition of curvy usually has more to do with boobs than butt).

I think unless you're between 155-165 cm and between sizes euro 32-38, finding clothes is a big problem in Japan. I can't find clothes for myself here. I can fit into the three sizes, but the arms and legs are just always too short. Dress cuts don't fit my torso and often it's too rectangular for me. Luckily I can find lingerie.

That said, it's ridiculous to design a shirt that says "yes I'm fat" for plus size women. I also see plus size people fat shamed on media and movies, often they are the victims of unbearably cruel humor.

I'd suggest plus size girls to check "select shop"s. Usually they only have items from certain brands that the shop identifies itself with, and most of the time they can be overseas brands. I have seen lots of stuff from Paris and Italy that way. Since I'm south European the dress cuts fit me like a tailor fit. The feeling you get from a perfect fit is incomparable to stuff you'd get from chain fashion stores. The dress becomes your second skin! I also bump into xxl sizes occasionally in those stores, it's worth to check them out :)

Sakazen stores have good XL selections, it’s kind of their specialty . For men at least , I didn’t visit the ladies area (but they do sell XL clothes for ladies too)