Beppu

SugoiBoy

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about visiting spa town of Beppu. From what I've read elsewhere online, the local sex museum closed a few years ago.

Have any TAG members been to Beppu recently? If so, what are your impressions of the place?

I am keen to learn of any gaijin-friendly P4P options. The SPs need not necessarily be Japanese.

If so, what are your impressions of the place?

A great place if you want to see suffering crocodiles in a "zoo", a lot of stray kittens littering the waterfront walkway with their feces or to get an impression of how Japan looked like in the last decade of the Showa era. Because not much has changed since then in Beppu.

As for Fuzoku, no idea. Beppu has a rather large soap district next to the Yume Town shopping mall, three of them (Aqua, Ruby and Lexus) are listed on cityheaven's directory for chinese visitors, so they take foreigners.

To answer your question about the museum, i heard that the only sexmuseum thats currently open is in Atami...
I've actually visited that one and its fun but only if its on your route, not that special.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
I have been there maybe 4 years ago and I believe in the vicinity of Takegawara Onsen are some shops. Curiosity managed to get me into a soapland there, but can't remember any name. Was daytime, a quiet street and one of my first adventures in Japan. I think I was just curiously looking at the shop when the front guy asked me in ;)
I think Beppu sees a lot of tourists, so your chances might not be so bad.

You can go to a club called "Plan B" (nearer to the station area) and meet tons of young ladies there, waiting for being picked up.
For P4p, I have no idea

A great place if you want to see suffering crocodiles in a "zoo", a lot of stray kittens littering the waterfront walkway with their feces or to get an impression of how Japan looked like in the last decade of the Showa era. Because not much has changed since then in Beppu.

As for Fuzoku, no idea. Beppu has a rather large soap district next to the Yume Town shopping mall, three of them (Aqua, Ruby and Lexus) are listed on cityheaven's directory for chinese visitors, so they take foreigners.
Sadly I cant agree more. That `zoo' depressed me so much. Also dont forget the constant thick cloud of smog covering the city and the smell of sulphur.

This is just a quick overview. I intend to post more about Beppu under a different thread.

Despite being a relatively small place, Beppu is a busy tourist town. Hence, there is a good selection of bars and restaurants. If you walk out of JR Beppu Station, then head towards the seaside in the general direction of National Route 10. Many of the hotels are located in the Kitahama area near the ocean.

In terms of nightlife, one can find snacks, fashion healths, etc. The soaplands are clustered around Takegawara Onsen.