Best Apps/sites Online For "pre-game"

ChrisP86

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As I mentioned on another thread, I have been to Japan and Tokyo once. And even that I wasn't looking actively to meet girls, since I was on a serious relationship, I did used a "dating" website/app - Badoo -to try to reach some girls.But with little time online (I had wifi only at the Hotel), I didn't really get chance to make those oportunities happen. I did get some interesting contacts, and they gave me their Line -which seem quite usual in Japan - and things could have happen, if I would have stayed more time.

The point is that - in my opinion - I can have a charming and interesting personality, so when I approach girls on apps like this, or in Tinder for example (only used in Europe and US), I can make those oportunities become more "with benefits".

So my idea would be, close to the date of going for my trip (which is still far now), to get online in some sites/apps like that to meet some girls. I agree that it can turn up into nothing. A lot of time the secret of hook-ups in Tinder is to be "fast" to meet the girl, while she is in the mood. But I had also cases of girls that were not available on the first days, and we talk a lil bit, and with some slow seduction, when I could meet them, they were in the mood for "benefits".

Anyway, resuming the story, I wanted to ask which apps/sites, I could use while still been on Europe, where I could get in touch with some Japanese Women/Girl and start having some nice chats before going, on the "hope" of meeting them while been there. For example any regular site, where I could chat and then get a Line contact would also be fine.

I started a new relationship recently, so not using Tinder at the moment, but with this new Paid version of it..I can make my location as "Tokyo" right?
Anyway Tinder would be my last ressource. It works better while there, and as I read here..Japanese girls don't really use it the right way.

Thanks for any tips ;)

Hello,

From what you're writing, you have a clear view on what you're looking for, your current habits, and some hints about dating apps.
To go a lot further, be it on tools, skills , opportunities, misconceptions, etc. all you need is dig this TAG board.
There are already tons of informations, discussions, and since your question is classic there isn't much to add (except summarize it all, if anyone wants to do that, but even a summary can't replace everything written so far).
Since your travel is still away in time, you're lucky that there's plenty of time to do it properly.

By the way, remote-tindering is a really bad idea (and feature).

Thanks for your answer DJV.
Actually so far I only found some information about how Tinder is not really useful in Japan (at least with Japanese girls), and I remember a post of someone here saying he got a Line contact from a Japanese women on her 30's, on a "Line cafe" or something like that. I can't find that post anymore :(
Anyway, when I read it, I got the impression that maybe I could find some chatting rooms (does that still exist btw?) or something similiar, and from there, maybe get some Line contacts.

And that's all my options so far. Tinder only when I get there, and not too useful; Badoo is weird nowadays, and wasn't really popular the first time I went there. oh and I did read about the metropolis ads, but I am not sure how could I get contacts there? Should make a post and ask for email "pen-pals"? or be more honest? I speak french fluently, since I am half-french..I may use that in my favor.

I will keep looking for information on the already existing topics, but the reason I created this one was really because so far I couldn't find exactly the answers I was looking =/ But I will keep looking on the meanwhile :)

Edit: I found the post I was mentioning. It was from @Bolshoi . He said that when he met her on the Line cafe, he was still on his country.

Depends how good your Japanese is.
Gyaruru is quite easy to use and popular but only for quick meetups, doesn't work with remote dating.
There are other Japanese apps (they were all listed in a post not too long ago) but it depends on your Japanese how easy it is to use them.

Depends how good your Japanese is.
Gyaruru is quite easy to use and popular but only for quick meetups, doesn't work with remote dating.
There are other Japanese apps (they were all listed in a post not too long ago) but it depends on your Japanese how easy it is to use them.
That's the problem, I don't have any Japanese knowledge.
And I know that limits my options. But I have been travelling to many places, and most of the times those place don't have english as a first language, and still..you always manage to find some people that speaks it (or any of the other 3 language that I spoke - 2 of them are also on the top 6 of the most used language).

Is not really really dating. Is more..getting in touch.
A way to "meet" online some girls/women, and have some talks..that way they will be more incline to meet when I would be in Japan.