Votes: 11 22.4%
  • MOS Burger

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • First Kitchen/Wendys

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Dom Dom Burger

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Carl's Jr. in Jiyugaoka changed to McDonald's and Burger King opened the ex-McDonald's location. Quite confusing tangles, but I understood Carl's Jr. doesn't become popular anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: scorpioni6ths
Carl's Jr. in Jiyugaoka changed to McDonald's and Burger King opened the ex-McDonald's location. Quite confusing tangles, but I understood Carl's Jr. doesn't become popular anymore.

Over two decades ago when I was a college student in the midwest, there was a Carl's Jr. down the street from my dorm. We'd go there on occasion, usually because we were fucking trashed and it was closer than Taco Bell and cheaper than Denny's. I never cared for it. The parent company that owns CJ also owns Arby's, which is a much better alternative. Not great, but they make some very decent roast beef sandwiches. If it's anything like here, they've mostly shut down and are located primarily on military bases.

Funny, someone mentioned Kua Aina. One of the founders is actually a client of mine, though not the one that partnered with the prick from Pizza La and brought the franchise to Japan. Years ago I remember going to Namba Parks on a date and seeing Kua Aina, and my idiot date getting excited and wanting to eat there because it's from Hawaii, and then me looking at the menu and prices and thinking, "WHO THE FUCK WOULD PAY THAT MUCH FOR FUCKING KUA AINA???" Japanese, of course. So I got to spend something like 6k for burgers, fries and a couple of shitty fake Hawaii beers. And I was poor as shit back then so 6k for dinner (and no sex involved) was unthinkable.

For anyone that's just hell-bent on eating at a foreign/Hawaii burger joint in Japan, I understand that Teddy's Bigger Burger is now in locations around Tokyo. Haven't been to them, wouldn't know how good they are but if they're operating on the same standards as back in Hawaii, I would highly recommend going there over Kua Aina. I went to high school with the crowd that operated the first Teddy's in Honolulu near Waikiki, and I actually just ate at the main Waikiki shop recently. Overpriced but still a very decent burger. Fries still suck, onion rings are pretty good.

One of these days one of you assholes in Osaka needs to drop in on Captain Kangaroo in Umeda and let me know if that happy hour burger + beer deal (used to be 1k) is still around, and if the burgers are still passable. Haven't been there in years but it was the perfect start to a Friday night out.

• Wow
Reactions: Gina
i haven't been in that part of town for several years now .. but before the total lockdown i've eaten at that Carl's Jr several times.

Reactions: Alice and Gina
韓国料理 - korean food...

...its good
Yes, true Korean food can be good even if it’s often too spicy for me. My point was that Lotteria is arguably Korean fast food because of its historical connection to the Lotte Group.

Fortunately, “Bosintang” is not on the menu at Lotteria either in Korea or Japan😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice and yeti
Yes, true Korean food can be good even if it’s often too spicy for me. My point was that Lotteria is arguably Korean fast food because of its historical connection to the Lotte Group.

Fortunately, “Bosintang” is not on the menu at Lotteria either in Korea or Japan😉
thats right