Guest viewing is limited

Best Place to Sell Off a Recently Purchased Computer Monitor?

Fuller Up

TAG Member
Reaction score
I need to purchase a computer monitor for work purposes for my extended stay in Tokyo. Shortly before I depart, I'm hoping to then sell it off and recoup some of the money I spent on it. How would folks recommend doing this? Is there an equivalent to Craigslist in Tokyo?

Is Akihabara still a thing for this?

And yes, just google “Tokyo Craigslist”, they have a Tokyo specific page.

I need to purchase a computer monitor for work purposes for my extended stay in Tokyo. Shortly before I depart, I'm hoping to then sell it off and recoup some of the money I spent on it. How would folks recommend doing this? Is there an equivalent to Craigslist in Tokyo?

What kind of monitor, when you planning to sell it, and for how much. I very well may be interested.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Lots of recycle shops in Japan. Super Second Street, Treasure Factory, Hard Off. Whether you'll really get much for it (pennies on the dollar) is another topic...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
What kind of monitor, when you planning to sell it, and for how much. I very well may be interested.

Hi. The monitor is an Asus VZ249 (23.8"). I purchased it today for ¥20,000. I'd be willing to sell it to you in less than two weeks for ¥10,000. Let me know if you're interested?

Hi. The monitor is an Asus VZ249 (23.8"). I purchased it today for ¥20,000. I'd be willing to sell it to you in less than two weeks for ¥10,000. Let me know if you're interested?

You’ll be lucky to get 500 yen if you try to sell it to a ‘recycle shop’. For the energy you would use if you sold it, you might as well put it in the garbage or give it to someone for free.

Reactions: MikeH
You’ll be lucky to get 500 yen if you try to sell it to a ‘recycle shop’. For the energy you would use if you sold it, you might as well put it in the garbage or give it to someone for free.

The only reason the recycle shops here can stay in the business is because it is so bloody difficult to get rid of anything. You can't put a monitor in to the garbage, and even if you find a way it will be cumbersome and also cost you money.